B-2 visa for brother, sister-in law, niece

Hi - I've read several threads on applying for B-2 visas for family members. In our case, we'd like to invite my wife's brother and his family (wife & daughter) to come visit for a month. Can anyone with recent experience help us navigate this? Are B-2 visas for siblings difficult to get? Is there any way to make it easier / more likely? Any pointers would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for the link. Seems a little random -- whether family members get approved for a visa -- no? Nothing you can really do on either end to increase the odds?

One thing my wife has asked me to ask specifically about. People have been telling her she'll have a much better chance if she invites only her brother, and not his family (wife & daughter). The thinking goes he's much more likely to return. That's no doubt true -- but any evidence of his visa odds being better if he applies just for himself and not the whole family?

Thanks for your help...

Thanks for the link. Seems a little random -- whether family members get approved for a visa -- no? Nothing you can really do on either end to increase the odds?

One thing my wife has asked me to ask specifically about. People have been telling her she'll have a much better chance if she invites only her brother, and not his family (wife & daughter). The thinking goes he's much more likely to return. That's no doubt true -- but any evidence of his visa odds being better if he applies just for himself and not the whole family?

Thanks for your help...

The problem there is that it's just speculation - an interesting theory, but there's no way to correlate that with reality, since there are a number of factors that affect who gets the visa. We never know which applies in any given case.

On the other hand, if the Visa Officer gets the wild hair up his a$$ impression that the whole family is trying to circumvent normal immigration, yes that MAY affect the outcome.

Again, go with your comfort level. If they have a good track record of previous visa usage, there MAY be a good chance. And if they can prove to the Visa Officer's satisfaction that they WILL return to China, . . . But if he has a family to return to in China, that may be a factor in (only) HIS favor.