How long for Guangzhou to see our package?

Hi,

My Wife had her interview at the end of October and everything was okay, but they didn't have an I-864 with my signature on it, so she got a final processing/call-in form, saying she was approved and just needed an original I-864 sent in with her passport. The VO said it would take him 5 days to process it and send it back.

We got confirmation that the consulate received the package on the 6th, but as of the 21st, the consulate is saying they haven't yet seen the package. How long does it typically take before mail is noticed at Guangzhou?

Thanks for any insight you may have.

Packages have been known to sit in the GUZ mail room. Every time I emailed to inquire I usually saw some response within a few days. Coincidence? Keep in mind the consulate will be closed for Thanksgiving which will add to your wait.

• Like 1

I personally think you emailing them would be more effective since the consulate for all its faults does have a mandate to serve US citizens. I think once a week is enough though I suspect you should see something soon. I also think they mail in bulk so if you miss one week it can take another week to see anything.

• Like 1

I don't think you will piss them off with too many e-mails. The workers in the consulate who read and take the e-mails are mostly Chinese staff, pretty rare for an American worker to read an e-mail unless it is brought to their attention by Chinese staff. There is so many ways that your mail to the consulate could be delayed that it is hard to speculate what the reason is for your particular case. I'd keep the pressure on with 2 or 3 e-mails a week to keep your case in front of them.

Good luck, I feel certain it won't be long and you guys will soon be starting your life in the U.S.

tsap seui

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...