Really ! What other map IS there ??

China angers neighbors with sea claims on new passports

: The Philippines and Vietnam condemned Chinese passports containing a map of China's disputed maritime claims on Thursday, branding the new design a violation of their sovereignty.

The map means countries disputing the Chinese claims will have to stamp microchip-equipped passports of countless visitors, in effect acquiescing to the Chinese point of view.

. . .

"The Philippines strongly protests the inclusion of the nine-dash lines in the e-passport as such image covers an area that is clearly part of the Philippines' territory and maritime domain," Philippine Foreign Secretary Albert del Rosario said on Thursday, referring to the lines on the passport map.

Vietnam had written to China in protest against the new passports and had asked it to "reverse their incorrect content", said Luong Thanh Nghi, a spokesman for Vietnam's foreign ministry.

One thing their propaganda ministry has accomplished is to make SURE that this is the ONLY map available in China - you can be busted for selling "illegal" maps.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Hey, it's China. They get to look at it as they want to, just like the Philippino's and them Vietnamese. Are they supposed to roll over on it just because others say it is their's? It's a wonder America hasn't said those rocks belong to them, join the "it's mine" club.

Can't say I blame China, and from what I've read, there is pretty good evidence that it may well be theirs, as least as much evidence that is as there is that it isn't. I reckon their propaganda ministry is as good as Vietnam's, the Philippines, Japan's, Malayasia's, America's, and most of the rest of the countries in this ol' world.

Good on ya China. :rotfl:I'm not one of those ugly American's on a bulletin board think the Chinese are "automatically" wrong or liars about everything. They get the benefit of the doubt, rather some American men believe that or not. :happydance:

tsap seui

• Like 1

Xinhuanet

Vietnam's passport control offices are refusing to stamp visa pages in the new passport, as the map of China inside marks in print the country’s territorial claims on the South China Sea. And Vietnam, also claiming sovereignty on part of the waters, says it is unacceptable. Wang Xinye tells how the territorial dispute has been affecting Chinese travelling to Vietnam.
Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

The Newest, Smallest, Largest, and Southern-most City

http://images.china.cn/attachement/jpg/site1007/20121123/00016c8b5de01219a0c702.jpg

Introducing Sansha

Sansha is a rectified prefecture-level city proposal to be established in July 20, 2012 of Hainan province, People's Republic of China. Currently the Administration Office for the Xisha Islands, the Nansha Islands and the Zhongsha Islands still in function, Sansha exercises political sovereignty, both actual and claimed, over three disputed archipelagoes in the South China Sea. Nationally, it is the smallest prefecture-level city by both population and land area, the largest by water area, and the southernmost.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff367/walserrjw/Untitled-1-17.jpg