Received RFE instead of visa. Question on how to interpret blue/yello

As I understand the i-134 instructions, the co-sponsor only fills out the form and does not need to provide tax returns. Right?

GZ also wants a statement, written by cosponsor, explaining why he is willing to agree to sign my affidavit of support form. Does anyone have any experience to know what the cosponsor should write?

Wrong, the consulate will demand at least the past year's returns, but knowing the people in Guangzhou they will demand 3 years worth.

Probably a statement that they have read and understand the I-134, and also how they are related to the primary sponsor.

One more thing the consulate can and does demand is evidence of US Domicile from joint sponsor, in this case US DL, or other residence evidence.

Make the joint sponsor, that the I-134 only covers period from entry to the USA until getting a green-card at which point your I-864 takes over, USCIS may be less demanding about getting a joint sponsor than the consulate, and probably accept you as a solo sponsor when your spouse adjusts status, in which case the joint sponsor would be off the hook.

Wolfman, make sure the joint sponsor gives 3 years of returns...and like Dan says cover all the bases as to US Domicile, how he knows you, etc etc.

We recommended to you the transcripts because we've seen that the consulate trusts them more, even asking for them after people turned in copies of their returns. We all want you to be successful, and are only trying to advise you with the best advice we can from seeing how arbitrary Guangzhou can be. Sure the form reads copies of returns, just like an I-129f asks for a brief relationship history, I'm sure you gave them more evidence than the half a paragraph of space they gave on the form.....give them your best and your joint sponsor's best, on the first time your woman turns in the documents. Cover your ass, it doesn't take much extra time to do transcripts, and they are a SURE BET to not get you asked for more. This is Guangzhou your girl is dealing with.

Good luck buddy, it sucks she got this blue slip. I hope all goes well with the evidence turn in and she gets to come home to you soon.

tsap seui

Dan1984 :rotfl: It's Chinese workers who read all the evidence first, if the IRS lady would have had some green and some purple stamps I'd have asked her to stamp the transcripts with them too. Good luck with your journey down lucky lane when the time comes for your lady to step up to the safety glass in Guangzhou. You do know that safety glass is for the safety of the Chinese people from the American State Department workers, right? :victory:

Thanks Tsap!!!

Well, my co-sponsor changed his mind. The next day would be my fiancee's birthday - not the most desirable time to tell her that our co-sponsor chickened out. I was devastated but found a new co-sponsor that same night. Our new co-sponsor is a relative and has no dependents. She owns a house free and clear, has a savings account, and makes enough money from pension and Social Security both directly deposited into her checking account every month. She went to the bank and got a year's worth of statements showing payroll deposits on the same day. She is not required to file income taxes, so no IRS transcripts needed.

I will be driving to her house this weekend and getting the papers filled out. I will send the package to my fiancee Tuesday (because GZ wants her to add her original blue sheet to the package [God only knows why]). Then she sends the package to GZ and we wait for who knows how long.

I went to the local IRS office, waited outside 20 minutes (13th in line) until they opened, and then waited inside. I spent a total of 53 minutes waiting and then 4 minutes at the counter while the agent printed the transcripts and stapled them together by year of tax return and of wage statements. They were free.