Received RFE instead of visa. Question on how to interpret blue/yello

Do only the paragraphs marked with "X" pertain to me, or does the entire page apply? The paragraph marked with "X" says to send 3 years' tax returns. But the paragraph below which is not marked with "X" says to send "IRS-certified" copies directly to GZ. Do I need certified copies or just my copies that I have saved? The form 4506 that is mentioned does not have any provision for requesting "certified" copies of for requesting the IRS to put her name and case number on them. It does however have a provision for requesting that the tax returns be sent directly to GZ.

Just those items which have a "x". Agree with Carl: Transcripts are good.

You can request them for free online but they need to use the address on file (probably based on the last filing). The key item to realize is what your ordering. If I recall, you can request the tax return OR the W-2. If you want both then you do them separately, as well as each year separately.

http://www.irs.gov/I...er-a-Transcript

Edited by david_dawei (see edit history)

I'd go to my local IRS office and get 3 years transcripts, that is the quickest way to get them and IRS offices aren't exactly too busy right now. Guangzhou likes transcripts better than copies of your returns anyhow.

Sorry to see the glitch, you were on such a roll, at least your blue slip is one which asks for something.... At her first interview my wife saw the gestapo visa officer reach for a blue piece of paper and quickly asked her what else she needed to see (as we had prepared a "blue slip" folder which contained darn near everything they could possibly ask for in a blue slip. The gestapo officer said, "I don't need anything else from you, if you don't hear from us in 3 or 4 months you can contact us." We sweated out 10 long months and the bastards denied us.....LOL

You guys will be okay as long as the returns are enough for what they want. Get those transcripts back to them pronto....maybe talk to someone about co-sponsorship JUST in case the joker wants to twist you guys a lil bit. Just saying.

Good luck Wolfman.

tsap seui

Even though the board software can post pictures we have it turned off to save bandwidth. Instead when you want to post a photo post it on another site like you did then use the picture icon and paste the image URL. I edited your post to show the photo.

In my two times dealing with IRS for transcripts they produced them quickly.

First time talked to someone over phone in Ohio and they printed and mailed them to me that day.

Second time I needed them they faxed them to me in less than an hour.

They are simple print out so I suspect if you went to an office to get them you will have within a very short time.

In going to the local IRS office, do you know if you'd be able to pick up the tax transcripts right on the spot?

Yep Dan, you walk out the door with the transcripts in your hand.

Quite honestly buddy, I would never have walked into a building like that, taken a number, and had a seat in yet another federal office complete with it's own Barney Fife, who could buzz in into the bathroom if you desired, if they WEREN'T gonna give me what I needed right then and there. I wanted those dern transcripts quick, for positively right, and securely tucked into my dirty construction stained hands when I walked out of their lil' concrete cubbyhole of f aux prestige.

Mine even had an official IRS blue time stamp giving the date the IRS officer printed them. Having gotten friendly and jovial with the IRS lady I asked her if she had anymore stamps or stickers she could put on them as the stately State Department workers in Guangzhou like different colored stamps and stickers. She picked up a red colored stamp and soundly smacked each transcript with it....that's probably what got my wife and son their visas....don't ya know? :rotfl:

tsap seui

So the second paragraph which says, "Individuals marked with an X above"... should have certified copies mailed directly to GZ with her name and case number on them, would not apply since it is not marked with an X?

My fiancee had already presented my copy of my 2011 return with P4. I thought it curious that they would ask for it again, unless they wanted only a certified copy. I have scanned and saved complete digital copies of my returns each year since 2000, so it would be no trouble at all to print them from my computer if GZ would accept them instead of certified copies.

My 2009 and 2010 tax returns are joint returns and would only meet the Poverty Level requirements because they included my x-wife's income. 2011 and 2012 are my first 2 years out of "Poverty."

It will take a few days for my co-sponsor to get the I-134 ready, because as I understand the instructions for the I-134 Affidavit,he has to get a letter from his employer personnel office on business stationery showing date of employment, date and nature of employment, salary paid, and whether position is temporary or permanent.

As I understand the i-134 instructions, the co-sponsor only fills out the form and does not need to provide tax returns. Right?

GZ also wants a statement, written by cosponsor, explaining why he is willing to agree to sign my affidavit of support form. Does anyone have any experience to know what the cosponsor should write?

As I understand the i-134 instructions, the co-sponsor only fills out the form and does not need to provide tax returns. Right?

GZ also wants a statement, written by cosponsor, explaining why he is willing to agree to sign my affidavit of support form. Does anyone have any experience to know what the cosponsor should write?

Wrong, the consulate will demand at least the past year's returns, but knowing the people in Guangzhou they will demand 3 years worth.

Probably a statement that they have read and understand the I-134, and also how they are related to the primary sponsor.

One more thing the consulate can and does demand is evidence of US Domicile from joint sponsor, in this case US DL, or other residence evidence.

Make the joint sponsor, that the I-134 only covers period from entry to the USA until getting a green-card at which point your I-864 takes over, USCIS may be less demanding about getting a joint sponsor than the consulate, and probably accept you as a solo sponsor when your spouse adjusts status, in which case the joint sponsor would be off the hook.

In going to the local IRS office, do you know if you'd be able to pick up the tax transcripts right on the spot?

Yep Dan, you walk out the door with the transcripts in your hand.

Quite honestly buddy, I would never have walked into a building like that, taken a number, and had a seat in yet another federal office complete with it's own Barney Fife, who could buzz in into the bathroom if you desired, if they WEREN'T gonna give me what I needed right then and there. I wanted those dern transcripts quick, for positively right, and securely tucked into my dirty construction stained hands when I walked out of their lil' concrete cubbyhole of f aux prestige.

Mine even had an official IRS blue time stamp giving the date the IRS officer printed them. Having gotten friendly and jovial with the IRS lady I asked her if she had anymore stamps or stickers she could put on them as the stately State Department workers in Guangzhou like different colored stamps and stickers. She picked up a red colored stamp and soundly smacked each transcript with it....that's probably what got my wife and son their visas....don't ya know? :rotfl:

tsap seui

Haha, thanks Tsapper! And here I thought getting official stamps was a Chinese thing!!

Wrong, the consulate will demand at least the past year's returns, but knowing the people in Guangzhou they will demand 3 years worth.

Probably a statement that they have read and understand the I-134, and also how they are related to the primary sponsor.

One more thing the consulate can and does demand is evidence of US Domicile from joint sponsor, in this case US DL, or other residence evidence.

Make the joint sponsor, that the I-134 only covers period from entry to the USA until getting a green-card at which point your I-864 takes over, USCIS may be less demanding about getting a joint sponsor than the consulate, and probably accept you as a solo sponsor when your spouse adjusts status, in which case the joint sponsor would be off the hook.

Wolfman, make sure the joint sponsor gives 3 years of returns...and like Dan says cover all the bases as to US Domicile, how he knows you, etc etc.

We recommended to you the transcripts because we've seen that the consulate trusts them more, even asking for them after people turned in copies of their returns. We all want you to be successful, and are only trying to advise you with the best advice we can from seeing how arbitrary Guangzhou can be. Sure the form reads copies of returns, just like an I-129f asks for a brief relationship history, I'm sure you gave them more evidence than the half a paragraph of space they gave on the form.....give them your best and your joint sponsor's best, on the first time your woman turns in the documents. Cover your ass, it doesn't take much extra time to do transcripts, and they are a SURE BET to not get you asked for more. This is Guangzhou your girl is dealing with.

Good luck buddy, it sucks she got this blue slip. I hope all goes well with the evidence turn in and she gets to come home to you soon.

tsap seui

Dan1984 :rotfl: It's Chinese workers who read all the evidence first, if the IRS lady would have had some green and some purple stamps I'd have asked her to stamp the transcripts with them too. Good luck with your journey down lucky lane when the time comes for your lady to step up to the safety glass in Guangzhou. You do know that safety glass is for the safety of the Chinese people from the American State Department workers, right? :victory: