does any1 know if this is a good or bad sign?

On 1st day, where they supposed to give them all the evidence to proof it is a bonafide relationship, they didn't asked for any from my wife. All they ask how old is our baby was born a couple month ago who now has us birth abroad certificate and american passport. They told her to come back 7:30 am the next day. My laopo will still bring all her evidence and document with her during this interview.

So what do u guys think? Is this a good or bad sign?

What visa is spouse getting?

CR-1 involved sending all this to NVC only things that tend to be turned in at document intake are what was scanned and emailed to NVC. They tend to not ask for any relationship evidence at document intake.

What visa is spouse getting?

CR-1 involved sending all this to NVC only things that tend to be turned in at document intake are what was scanned and emailed to NVC. They tend to not ask for any relationship evidence at document intake.

What was taken from us on the first day I kind of want them back. The documents they took were certified copies on day 1. It cost me a few hundred rmb's. It was for a CR1. Everything was scanned to NVC using the new process. The slower way was send by regular mail.

Edited by William Lee (see edit history)

At interview request them back, in theory should return them. The reason they are brought to interview is so they can compare originals to the copies.

Perhaps bring photocopies into interview to swap, if this is not done, then try the swap when entering the USA when POE officer inspects immigration a packet.

Lastly could request USCIS to return them by sending them a request form. G-884 http://www.uscis.gov/g-884

In my wife's case we got two certified birth certificates and let consulate keep one, other docs like certificate of no marriage and police cert the consulate could keep because not needed later on.

You can always get another at notary office before coming to the states.

At interview request them back, in theory should return them. The reason they are brought to interview is so they can compare originals to the copies.

Perhaps bring photocopies into interview to swap, if this is not done, then try the swap when entering the USA when POE officer inspects immigration a packet.

Lastly could request USCIS to return them by sending them a request form. G-884 http://www.uscis.gov/g-884

In my wife's case we got two certified birth certificates and let consulate keep one, other docs like certificate of no marriage and police cert the consulate could keep because not needed later on.

You can always get another at notary office before coming to the states.

Thanks

I will send them an email asking, can I get the docs back and what are my options. i do have scanned copies which I can retrieve from emails I sent to NVC a few months ago using the newer faster process for a visa.

Getting more notary copies with English translation will cost a few hundred rmb. I don't want to spend the money.