cr1 visa and what is the color of the slip if she pass?

a couple of questions. her upcoming interview is very soon. our application is cr1 visa.

1. if she pass and got the cr1 visa granted,what color is the slip, pink or white? and what is written on the slip? noid. same for failure on the inteview.

2. how long that visa last for? if the visa last 2 years, what do you need to do once it expire, what forms and where to you go to renew the cr1 visa and then how long would that last for?

Edited by seafood10 (see edit history)

1) Now a days the reports are that the consulate probably ran out of salmon colored paper, and approval and denial are white in color. NOID = Notice of Intent to Deny

2) The visa is valid normally 90 days after issued, that means must use it to enter the USA within the validity period, once used it is no longer valid, it is a one time entry visa.

After arrival on the Visa it is canceled, and the I-551 notation is validated, the I-551 = Green-Card (Lawful permanent resident) the green-card status is what allows re-entry to the USA from future travels abroad.

Depending on length of marriage BEFORE entering the USA for the first time on the visa the green-card will be one of two types:

• If married less than two years prior to entry on the visa, the green-card will be a 2 year conditional card, which at 2 years of residency will require an I-751 filed to remove the conditions.
  • If married two years or longer prior to entry to the USA on the visa, the resulting green-card will be 10 year permanent with no conditions to later file to remove.

If visa is coded CR-1, and entry to the USA happens after two years of marriage, indicate this to the POE officer by showing marriage cert, and the POE should code the green-card to be a ten year card.

2) The visa is valid normally 90 days after issued, that means must use it to enter the USA within the validity period, once used it is no longer valid, it is a one time entry visa.

Actually, the CR-1 visa is usually good for a little less than 180 days. It is set to expire 180 days from when the medical was done which if you do it right before the interview gives you almost six months.

so if my laopo pass the interview and get a white slip. what would it say on the white slip? we already know if it is a failure, it would have "NOID" written on it. but what about passing, what about it have on the white slip?

so when my laopo arrive in the states, we need to fill out i-551 and i-751 form in order to get the 2 years green card? if so, where can we get that form and once the form is completed and send, how long we have to wait to get her green card in the mail?

Edited by seafood10 (see edit history)

so if my laopo pass the interview and get a white slip. what would it say on the white slip? we already know if it is a failure, it would have "NOID" written on it. but what about passing, what about it have on the white slip?

so when my laopo arrive in the states, we need to fill out i-551 and i-751 form in order to get the 2 years green card? if so, where can we get that form and once the form is completed and send, how long we have to wait to get her green card in the mail?

Not to be funny but typically if you pass the VO says Congratulations! and tells you to go turn in your passport. If you fail usually they say something like they can not grant you a visa at this time. Typically, the applicant is clear whether they passed or not. I wouldn't worry too much about not knowing the result.

As Dan said, with a CR-1, the visa becomes a temporary green card (I-551). As long as the address is correct you should see the green card in 2-6 weeks (typically closer to 2 weeks). If you are married under two years, you need to remove conditions in 2 years from entry but don't worry about that right now.

Denial slip has a series of check boxes of denial reasons. If denied it is advisable to contact a good lawyer and get them involved typically cannot do much at consulate and has to deal with the case after it is returned to the states.

Study the posts in the interview results forum.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/forum/35-interview-results/

so let me get this straight. after the interview, what kind of results can you get?

- first one is congratulation, you pass and here is your visa

- failure with noid slip

- anything else like another slip that state for more evidence?

if she pass, they will mail her the visa to her home address in 2 - 6 weeks?

Three possibilities at interview.

1. Congrats, you are approved, see the postal person in the hallway to arrange address to where the immigration packet along with Passport+Visa should be sent to.
  2. "Blue Slip" Not a denial, it is a request for more time to process case, or a request for additional documentation, will be clearly indicated on the AR/AP blue slip. This is typical in cases where beneficiary had to be a Communist party member for work related reasons.
  3. Notice Of Intent to Deny, this typically explains why denied, VO does not believe a bonafide relationship exists, fairly easy overcome, or there was a lie caught and marked case with a mark of misrepresentation which is more difficult to overturn in the states. (NOTE: DO NOT LIE ABOUT SOMETHING THAT WOULD WOULD SET OFF #2 ABOVE SUCH AS BEING A MEMBER OF CCP.)