invitation letter for visa?

bamaguy_77

The visa application DOES NOT require a round trip ticket.

Again, don't make this any more complicated than it is.

I am not the one making it complicated. When it is listed like that on the required item list of the visa agency, I guess I just figure it's correct. I do not have an agency picked out yet. I can't remember what I used before. I don't do this stuff for a living, I haven't been to China in 6 years, last time she went she wasn't a citizen like she is now. I took what that list said as being true. I had no knowledge of all other options available.

I think it was mychinavisa.com, it said to get a postmarked letter of invitation with copy of id and a photocopy of round trip plane ticket.

Sorry I'm so ignorant.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for having to be a pest. My wife got her invitation letter. Her father did not put her passport number or birthdate on it. I found some sample letters that had this on it. Do we need another letter? She is going for a 120 day visa and now screaming at me and calling me stupid for not having this info on the letter her father sent. She wants it mailed tomorrow because if we mail it friday they might be in a bad mood and deny her visa:..

I told her they aren't going to deny it whether it comes to them on a monday or tuesday

Not to hijack this thread,but I'm in the same boat now as bamaguy_77.............wife needs to go back to China kind of soon,and she's a U.S. citizen now.Between this..... http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/visas/adr/ and reading this thread,I'm under the impression that an invitation letter,written/generated by someone (whoever is doing the inviting),along with their national ID number is required?Sent from China?...........and according to the wife,she is going to need airline tickets/itinerery in hand when applying?

BTW,we had'nt planned on using a visa agency,as I for instance/in the past have always gone to the embassy in D.C.,and that is what we intended to do..........and like bamaguy_77,I have'nt been there in 6+ years.Just want to get all this in order so she can get over there-I'll go back w/her later this year.

Not to hijack this thread,but I'm in the same boat now as bamaguy_77.............wife needs to go back to China kind of soon,and she's a U.S. citizen now.Between this..... http://www.china-emb.../eng/visas/adr/ and reading this thread,I'm under the impression that an invitation letter,written/generated by someone (whoever is doing the inviting),along with their national ID number is required?Sent from China?...........and according to the wife,she is going to need airline tickets/itinerery in hand when applying?

BTW,we had'nt planned on using a visa agency,as I for instance/in the past have always gone to the embassy in D.C.,and that is what we intended to do..........and like bamaguy_77,I have'nt been there in 6+ years.Just want to get all this in order so she can get over there-I'll go back w/her later this year.

Note from the link above:

*The Chinese citizens' spouses and children with American nationality, as well as the Chinese American born in China (including Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau) and their spouses and children, are eligible to apply for a long-term valid "F" visa with multiple-entries. The applicant is required to provide an invitation letter from the relatives in China and copy of the official ID of the relative, and if applicable, marriage certificate, birth certificate and proof of filial relationship.
Spouse can apply for a long term "F" visa with multi entries.. No where does this say needing airline ticket booked and in hand. What if there is some issue and delay on the part of the Chinese consulate and you have a non-refundable ticket?

I know of people that apply for a visa every 2 years, just to have handy in the event they need to travel to China on short notice.

Went to DC today to get chinese visa.They DO REQUIRE an itinerery,along w/an invitation letter (we used an invitation sent via email FROM a friend in China and printed it.These hurdles have been added because of the congressional meetings currently taking place.Local visa agent (never used one before) seemed dumbfounded,and wanted 500$ more for same round trip ticket I got online.BTW,the airline (United) said if visa did not go through,I could call by 11PM--CST and would be refunded 100%,minus 10$ (I forget what) fee.Got same day visa,170$.........airfare 1197$ including travel ins.........

Went to the L.A. Consulate yesterday with passport, air ticket itinerary, photo, invitation letter, her ID copy, and the application. She took the passport, photo, application, and itinerary. I asked if she wanted the letter of invitation and her ID copy. The lady at the window said; No, this is fine and gave me the receipt for pickup next week. Don't anyone tell her that the letter she wrote wasn't even needed. Ssshhhhhh..... :shutup: