October/November interview group (common thread)

• 3 weeks later...

The visa process seems to be moving so fast. We just filed the I-129f in early June of this year. My fiancee's interview is scheduled for October 31, which is just a little more than 1 year after we met. I have visited her twice this year and will be going to China (next month hopefully) so we can fly back to the U.S. together. She wanted me to go to the interview with her, but I already had job commitments that I could not change on such short notice. She reasoned that the V.O. might give her "bonus points" if he knew I was waiting outside for her. Hopefully all goes smoothly and she gets the visa on Halloween. I think I deserve a fast processing experience after the prolonged hell I went through with the INS k-1 process 10 years ago.

Our Big Day [ s ] are coming up . We turn in Doc's on the 1st the big Day is the 2 of Nov. I really think you all should use the services of Yang, Jiahua to prep your paper work and pre your wife or fiancee . it will pay off in the end. we started the process in Jan. we met 2.50 years ago . We are doing the CR1.

I wil update this in Friday after she receives the Visa

• Like 1

we turned in the doc's on Thursday . We will line up at 07:00 for the interview . I will update later today

Our K-1 process took off like the wind but came to a screeching halt at the Guangzhou interview on Halloween. It seems that the $3,000 capital gains loss that I get to carry over each year on my tax return (from a stock market loss in 2007) put my adjusted income to $344 dollars under the Poverty Guideline for 2012. I guess that $344 dollars was enough to cause the V.O. to shake his head and deny our visa. Now I have to try and find a co-sponsor and wait God-only-knows how long for them to render a decision. It looks like I will be stuck waiting indefinitely . . . deja vu 2002 B.H. all over again!

Our K-1 process took off like the wind but came to a screeching halt at the Guangzhou interview on Halloween. It seems that the $3,000 capital gains loss that I get to carry over each year on my tax return (from a stock market loss in 2007) put my adjusted income to $344 dollars under the Poverty Guideline for 2012. I guess that $344 dollars was enough to cause the V.O. to shake his head and deny our visa. Now I have to try and find a co-sponsor and wait God-only-knows how long for them to render a decision. It looks like I will be stuck waiting indefinitely . . . deja vu 2002 B.H. all over again!

Picky, anyway, at least it is a Blue over documentation, not a denial.

• 2 months later...