Got my New Chinese Visa in Hong Kong

dan1984

As I said I'd do after I complete the process, today I successfully got my Z visa in Hong Kong.

I took a 23 hour train ride down from Beijing this past Saturday evening. Arrived in Shenzhen at 8pm Sunday night, and then made my way across customs to Hong Kong.

Monday morning I left my hotel at about 7:30am, and got to the Consulate (or whatever the designation is) at 8am. The doors open at 9am, but there was already a huge line. After getting in, you only get a number after filling out your visa application. As I printed out the application and already had it filled in before arriving, I got number 33. After about a 25 minute wait, my number was called and I submitted the documents.

As opposed to how things currently are back in the States, I was able to rush my application process, and today, Tuesday, I returned to the Consulate and picked up my visa. Paying/Picking-Up starts at 10am each day, and after I arrived at about 10:15am, there was not much of a wait to get into the Consulate. I waited about 5 minutes to pay, and then another 25 minutes or so in line to collect my passport with the new visa.

Today I have the rest of the day to enjoy in Hong Kong, and then I'm on a plane back to Beijing tomorrow.

That's my experience for you.

BTW, I have enjoyed Hong Kong alot more than I thought I would. It's clean, the people are friendly, and, maybe I had myself psyched out, but, it's not nearly as expensive as I imagined it. Also, I have never been to "a proper beach type setting" in my life before, but the sunset last night at Victoria Harbor was absolutely amazing, definitely the best sunset of my life, thus far!

En, thanks Mick!!!

My eyes have been on Candle the past few days, but the internet connection, strangely enough here in Hong Kong, hans't been the best. I haven't been able to post until today. My thoughts and prayers are with you, wish you the best!

The worst part about the internet connection, I still haven't been able to check in and see how my fantasy football team did!!

Thanks for the feedback! That's good to hear, although for us, it's just trips to the PSB anyway.

Should be for me too - the work visa process to get the residence permit is a long-burdening process, but renewal after a year is easy and stress-free.