Aug, 10th interview approved. Aug, 9th, Document intake a nightmare. 2

After document intake, 4 hours later when my wife came out, she started crying. The person she spoke to was not kind and questioned everything about our relationship. The document intake person questioned my wife about things that had nothing to do with this visa process. She told her they do not believe our relationship is real. The document intake person took only the I-864, but not the DS-230. So here we are, very afraid. We spent most of the night in our sweet ass motel just preparing for the interview the next morning. long story short, she was the first called, the American only asked her a few questions, then approved. Still not wanting the DS-230, she has her visa and will arrive on Sept. 4th.

didn't look at photos or the 10 months of evidence.

Edited by JamieMinhua (see edit history)

Sounds like this person was WAY out of bounds and seriously needs to be reported to the consulate.

But, Congratulations - all's well that ends well

Congratulations!

http://i28.tinypic.com/2mruqv6.jpg

Congratulations !!

http://i1.tinypic.com/3ygwmdz.gif

Congrats on your success.

Your's is a very familiar, to me, case of abuse from the consulate to Chinese... the foreign devil syndrome. Do or send anything you want to the consulate, now that you have the visa safely in hand. Whatever makes you feel good in an attempt to help those behind you. I know of an immigration attorney who says it's useless and they don't care, but a person does what they feel is best.

Most days, the area around the consulate smells like an open sewer pit, there is a very good reason for that.

What we did in our case once we had the visas safely in hand was, pack our bags and get the hell out of hot sweaty stinky Guangzhou and as far away as possible from the US State Department workers.

I'm very happy to hear of your success.

tsap seui

In the past, they HAVE responded (on occasion) to information about the behavior of the Chinese assistants, including one which resulted in a denial. This case was turned around and awarded the visa the same day after the consular officials were contacted.

If this is what it sounds like - a Chinese assistant over-stepping the bounds of her job duties - you should let them know.

Give em hell....from over here...LOL Speculation and conjecture and their accompaning bad attitudes to "the foreign devils" start at the top in dear old Guangzhou's US consulate.

Good luck with the future. The taste of VO and consulate fecal matter is soon lost, you betcha Bob.

tsap seui

Randy W, the assistant went as far as asking about my wife's brother and it was illegal for her family to have him. baba lost his teaching job but now they own a business in Leather City.

That's called intimidation, pure and simple.The consulate needs to know what this woman put you through. Her brother and whoever wrote her daughter's affidavit are of no concern to the consulate.

The difference in reaction that she got from the consular officials is VERY telling.

Good for both of you in pulling through that mess.

Hey Jamie, glad for the outcome! Assistant is an 'evil beach' --- and probably trying to win points with superiors --- but that you passed indicates the real story.

Still, I'm in the camp that you report her. You and your's are home, but many less skilled are in the quire. We all need to push back against unfair treatment --- for the benefit of those still in line. Thats how The Candle was founded, and Tsap is as good of an example as any, why its still here today.