Simplified or Traditional Chinese for a name on birth Certificate

after 1 week, my baby birth abroad and usa passport is ready to be picked. but i have returned back to the states. so my wife will pick it up on monday.

my wife asked about the exit visa from her psb and they have no ideas what she is talking about. william lee, please report back if you are able to pick up the exit visa for your baby from the psb. also what the exit visa looks like? thx.

This is for an Exit/Entry Permit (two way, which you don't need), but it should help point them in the right direction.

http://www.startinch...try_permit.html

http://www.startinchina.com/images/stories/shenzhen/baby/exit-entry-permit-front.jpg

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

william lee: hey, just curious if you wife had the interview yet? if yes, how did it goes? what did you wife bring or show the officer about the baby? was the baby enough for her for guangzhou nazi to grant her the visa?

my wife interview is coming up pretty soon...

Had the interview this week. Damn hotels were twice to three times their normal rates because of the Canton Fair. Surprising her interview was less

than 2 minutes. After asking about any baby, and looking at the documents for the baby, She said everything looks great and you are done. She was given a white paper.

On the other hand, we meet a couple that requires DNA testing. They applied for a passport for the baby and was accepted but they didn't have it on hand yet for the interview. They showed them a Chinese Birth Certificate and other docs but it was enough for some reason.

NOTE I want to attach several pictures of documents in a post but I don't know how to do it......I have pictures of documents that needs to be filled out for a Chinese exit visa for a baby. .Can someone explain how to post or attach pictures ?

william lee: hey, just curious if you wife had the interview yet? if yes, how did it goes? what did you wife bring or show the officer about the baby? was the baby enough for her for guangzhou nazi to grant her the visa?

Had the interview this week. Damn hotels were twice to three times their normal rates because of the Canton Fair. Suprising her interview was less

than 2 minutes. After asking about any baby, and looking at the documents for the baby, She said everything looks great and you are done. She was given a white paper.

On the other hand, we meet a couple that requires DNA testing. They applied for a passport for the baby and was accepted but they didn't have it on hand yet for the interview. They showed them a Chinese Birth Certificate and other docs but it was enough for some reason.

NOTE I want to attach serveral pictures of documents in a post but I don't know how to do it......I have pictures of documents that needs to be filled out for a Chinese exit visa for a baby. .Can someone explain how to post or attach pictures ?

wow dna testing? so during the couple interview, the officer ask for dna report? how did they do the dna test so fast? the first day was to gather all the evidence and 2nd day was the actual interview. where was the dna testing being done? which hospital and was the result seal? was the couple both asian?

Had the interview this week. Damn hotels were twice to three times their normal rates because of the Canton Fair. Suprising her interview was less

than 2 minutes. After asking about any baby, and looking at the documents for the baby, she said everything looks great and you are done. She was given a white paper.

On the other hand, we meet a couple that requires DNA testing. They applied for a passport for the baby and was accepted but they didn't have it on hand yet for the interview. They showed them a Chinese Birth Certificate and other docs but it was not enough for some reason.

NOTE I want to attach serveral pictures of documents in a post but I don't know how to do it......I have pictures of documents that needs to be filled out for a Chinese exit visa for a baby. .Can someone explain how to post pictures ?

wow dna testing? so during the couple interview, the officer ask for dna report? how did they do the dna test so fast? the first day was to gather all the evidence and 2nd day was the actual interview. where was the dna testing being done? which hospital and was the result seal? was the couple both asian?

It was after their interview they requested a DNA testing report. There were both Chinese. I told them about this forum.

I'm have not gotten the visa from EMS yet. It takes about 1 week. As a result, I Don't know how may days for the visa.

Would like to know if it is possible to attach pictures to a post. thanks....

Edited by William Lee (see edit history)

I tend to post all my pictures to an external hosting service in my case photo bucket, That site then generates link codes for you, use the codes showing

[ img]...[ /img] tags, simply click and then paste into posts here.

so they got a slip that say not a bonifade relationship. did they reschedule for another appt.? do you believe they requesting the dna cuz they didn't have the us consulate birth certificate the and usa passport for the baby on hand during interview? in other words, if they had the baby usa passport, the consulate probably won't have requested the dna report.

Edited by seafood10 (see edit history)

so they got a slip that say not a bonifade relationship. did they reschedule for another appt.? do you believe they requesting the dna cuz they didn't have the us consulate birth certificate the and usa passport for the baby on hand during interview? in other words, if they had the baby usa passport, the consulate probably won't have requested the dna report.

Sorry I don't know their whole story. The guy told me at first everything was fine with their interview. Then they changed their minds and wanted DNA testing. I believe it takes about 30 to 45 days for the results but I'm not sure.

In my opinion, in getting a passing interview, it depends on who you might get and luck if you have bad proof and lacking a bonifade relationship. My wife said she saw one window the interviews were fast and she believe most got a passing OK for a visa.

willliam lee: on the first day where they gather the evidence, how long was the process? what time did you guys wait in line in front of the building and what time did you leave? on 2nd day, what time did they tell you to come back for the interview?

when you get the visa next week, please let me know if the visa is good for 90 or 180 days? thx.

ok, my wife is here on her 1st day and the officer didn't even ask her to hand in any documents like email, photos, tax income while they ask others. they just asked how old is the baby and for her to come back tomorrow at 7:30 am.

so my question is this is a good or bad sign?

On first day they just want the basics for documentations. Also on the first day, they take finger prints. On the second day at 7:30, it's the interview day. Are you sure they didn't take any documenations like tax returns, I864 and marriage certificates etc.

On the second date is when they drill you for information and ask for additional documentation. If it's a passing grade with a visa, you will know on the same day. Did you get a visa on the same day ?

the officer told my wife she will get the visa in the mail in 2 weeks.

hey william lee: what part in the process that you got the exit permit yet? my wife told me in order to get the exit permit for baby, they will have to destroy the documents for the baby (not sure what it is called, but it is registered with family with english tranlation that you get from the psb). did you have to do the same thing?

the officer told my wife she will get the visa in the mail in 2 weeks.

hey william lee: what part in the process that you got the exit permit yet? my wife told me in order to get the exit permit for baby, they will have to destroy the documents for the baby (not sure what it is called, but it is registered with family with english tranlation that you get from the psb). did you have to do the same thing?

Strange why 2 weeks. Where do you live ? It should only take 1 week by EMS. Get ready to paid a bill for COD package.

I don't know what docs are you talking about ? What registered with family wtih english translation ?

I got unset at the police office. After going there and asking what docs to bring and copy for the visa for the baby, we got the necessary docs and went back two days later. Then the same guy said you need to bring the baby. I then I go mad and yelled at him because he never told us that. We have to make another trip to the police station for exit and entry visas. So no exit visa yet for our baby.

Don't know anything about destroying any documents since I am not at that stage yet.