40 beautiful places to visit in China

Almost all of us are familiar with China's great man-made attractions.

The Forbidden City in Beijing. The Terracotta Warriors of Xi'an. Shanghai's skyscraper forest in Pudong.

For a country of its massive size and varied geography, however, it's surprising how relatively few people outside China appreciate the extent of the country's other attractions, many of them natural wonders to rival any in the world.

Great read: http://www.cnngo.com/shanghai/life/40-beautiful-places-visit-china-943929

http://i.cdn.cnngo.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/inline_image_624x416/2012/06/15/li-fluss.jpg

One place I visited Yangshuo on the Li River

• Like 1

ChunMei and I spent several days in Yangshuo. Took a motor vessel about halfway down the Li River, then a bamboo raft most of the rest of the way. Stayed at the Peace Family Hotel for $8/night, ate a bunch of great food, trented bikes and a local guide for a day, all in all had a great time. We're planning to go back.

• Like 1

Ya know Dan, it dawned on me a couple of years ago that a majority of the most beautiful photos in something like National Geographic are taken in China, like your photo of the Li River. Mother nature made a lot of fantastic "art" in China.

The only place that I've ever seen that equals or betters the great sites in China is found in both the north and south islands of New Zealand. Even got the southern Alps there, along with vocanic mounts with snow in a circle around their cratered peaks...oh heck with it, I'll stay on topic with China, I get too homesick to see the land of the large white cloud again....LOL Ride a chopper up to the snow field above the glacier on Mt. Tasman or stand in the Tasman Sea and look at the snow peaks of the southern Alps that are within a few miles of where you are standing...or be fishing in a large water filled crater that they reckon had something to do with the death of the diner-soars eons ago when something big hit it and mirrored in the huge lake is a volcanic moutain with it's snow peak and wisps of steam waftin' off the crater, again with 20 minutes drive from wher you are.

Yep, Chinertucky has some dang beautiful landscapes with nice rivers you can float past them on.

It's one quirk my wife has about China, she could care less about touring down south to see those awesome sights. Once Fengqi enters a university here we are heading to the magic of down under again and see the sights and old friends I have down there. Only way I could see Chiner is take off on my own....ain't gonna happen, ol' Tar Baby is firmly stuck to Brer Rabbit....LOL

Thanks for the look at awesome sights Dan.

Hey, I'm tryin' to talk lil' rabbit and Fengqi to take a short trip to the falls before school starts...let you know if I'm successful and we may yet meet up with you and your wife....I'm trying for the falls, might have to go to the beach though....the beach is nice, but half an hour of waves crashing is about all I can take...LOL

tsap seui

Great read: http://www.cnngo.com...it-china-943929

http://i.cdn.cnngo.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/inline_image_624x416/2012/06/15/li-fluss.jpg

One place I visited Yangshuo on the Li River

So, both boats have a bird. Hope they don't flip.

The bird (cormorant) is for catching fish. The cormorant catches the fish, but is prevented from swallowing by a band around it's neck.

Boy, them birds could take all the work out of fishin'. Ya could lay back in a hammock on yore boat and when you hear the birds wings ah flappin' n' such you could wake up and tell ol' Tweetee Bird , "now jes you puke that 12 pound bass up right now, that ones going home with me." Why you could even put fancy colored bands around them birds necks to help entice the fish. Any bass dumb enuff to fall for a dayglo worm would go for the colored bands.

I got me a free huntin' n' fishin' license from the VA, I wunder if'n I could get me a fishin' license for a bird. The spirit of the entrepreneur just flows through my veins I tells ya. Gotta gits me a couple of them commode-errant birds, I used to watch them fish in Brisbane and they is sum kinda good.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)