Pay someone to teach your wife/husband to drive

ama537621

Rochester is also in the process of installing the first DDI interchange in NY State @ I-590 and Winton Rd very inovative traffic pattern, should make the pattern change sometime next month.

That is bizarre, I assume the lights basically allow traffic to flow North and then South independently like though a construction zone down to one lane. Though I am a big fan of traffic circles you see in Europe which accomplish much the same thing.

DDI allows a nice smooth flow of traffic entry on and off the freeway without having to either wait for a left light or a break in traffic to make a left turn. It has been shown to handle at least 3 times the volume than a conventional interchange. A big plus is that the cost involved to convert to one is quite low because it fits in the old interchange's footprint. Most of the maneuvers involve just a yield. Lights only control crossing traffic.

In other states where this has been implemented (MO, UT, IN, IL) motorists take to it intuitively, essentially the road is split into two one way streets going under or over the highway.