Question about Chinese Visa for my son....

My wife and I are heading back to China with our son (he's 2-months old now) in August for a visit and we're working on our visas...

The visa service company we plan on using (recommended by the embassy) says for my son's visa, we need to include his birth certificate, my wife and I's marriage certificate and both my wife's current Chinese passport AND her current green card...

Have any of you experienced that before?

I just feel nervous about sending her passport and green card anywhere...

I got one of the 24 month multi-entry visas for my son which we used for a trip this past February and I did not have to provide originals of anything except for my son's passport - I sent copies of his birth certificate, my wife & I's marriage certificate, wife's Chinese passport information pages and her green card to the visa service that I used (www.mychinavisa.com). I received his passport & visa back in less than 1 week without any issues. I would not feel comfortable sending originals of all of those items via the mail - it would cause way too many problems if they were to get lost. If the visa service you are planning on using really is requiring the originals to be sent to them then I would use a different service.