About interview time

Such a simple question, but I couldn't find any answers when I was searching.

Our interview is set for July 10th at 12:30. Can we leave that night, or is there any need to stay in town longer? We don't want to stay longer than necessary, and need to buy tickets soon. I can't think of any reason to stay after the interview.

July 10th is the day of intake of documents, the interview itself will occur the following morning (July 11th). Passport with visa is returned via EMS. An EMS waybill is given out at document intake and the completed waybill is returned at the interview.

Edited by Ryan H (see edit history)

Well said by Ryan H.

My family had the intereiw in May, that gave me inpression that the best way for you is to make the schedule that:

1) To arrive in Guanzhou at afernoon or early evening on July 9th and have a commodation near the consulate; To leave Guanzhou in later afternoon or the evening of July 10th;

2) Get up early (for foreigners) the days and feed yourself and go the place (lining up in the sun in the norning need patient,do not forget to bring a bottle of water).

Well said by Ryan H.

My family had the intereiw in May, that gave me inpression that the best way for you is to make the schedule that:

1) To arrive in Guanzhou at afernoon or early evening on July 9th and have a commodation near the consulate; To leave Guanzhou in later afternoon or the evening of July 10th;

2) Get up early (for foreigners) the days and feed yourself and go the place (lining up in the sun in the norning need patient,do not forget to bring a bottle of water).

They may want to stick around for the actual interview, which will be on the morning of July 11.

The appointment letter would say 12:30 on July 10. The interview would be the next morning, line-up at 7:30.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I believe this new process has been in effect a good two plus years, you would think GUZ would make this clear in the letter.. A couple my wife and I met while standing in line the first day had no idea they had to come back the next day until I told them.

Two other things you may want to consider when making travel plans:

1. If you need to do the medical in Guangzhou, you need to come at least one full day early planning on being at the clinic early in the morning.

2. You can leave GUZ as early as the late afternoon of the second day as long as you are comfortable having them EMS the visa. While they deliver to essentially all of China, some are more comfortable waiting in Guangzhou to pick up at the post office nearest the consulate. If you have previously received EMS at your address, it should be fine. We put my wife's cell phone number on the slip and they called before delivery.

Well said by Ryan H.

Sorry,I made a mistake。I should have written:

“1) To arrive in Guanzhou at afernoon or early evening on July 9th and have a commodation near the consulate; To leave Guanzhou in later afternoon or the evening of July 11th;

。。。。。。”