do i they have walk on hours in us consulate in guangzhou?

planning to go back to china and register my new born child as US citizen. i'm not sure when i will go to the us embassy in guangzhou. i know you can make an appointment online. but are there any walk on hours during the week? if so, what are the hours and day and are there usually long line? thx in advance.

Edited by seafood10 (see edit history)

Note the US Embassy is in Beijing, there is a US Consulate in Guangzhou.

There are some walk in services, however that is not one of them, you can read about what needs to be done, and schedule an appointment here: http://guangzhou.use...th-abroad2.html

5 years ago I visited the consulate to ask questions and there was no lines, you take a number and can wait sitting in a waiting area, people were there mostly dealing with passport issues like adding pages or replacing a lost passport.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

couple more questions: it seems there are 2 process when applying a child as us citizenship abroad and getting a passport:

a. http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/children-and-birth-abroad2.html

b. http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/childrens_passport.html

1. do i need to complete a, first before I can do b? or i can do both a and b on the same day? also do i need to make separate appointment for each?

2. for this: "American Citizen parent's documentary evidence of physical presence in the United States prior to the child's birth. This is required when only one parent is a U.S. citizen even if that parent was born in the U.S. Merely maintaining a residence in the U.S. (having a home in the U.S., maintaining voter registration, etc.) is insufficient evidence of physical presence in the United States. U.S. law requires that you must physically be in the U.S. for a total of five years, with two of those years being after the age of 14. The following items may be used to demonstrate your presence in the U.S.: your current and/or old passport(s); original, certified school transcripts, original telephone or utility bills in the name of the American citizen parent. "

i currently only have my current an old passport. i don't have telephone bill or utility bills under my name. i have my old college script. is my current and old passport enough evidence? if not, how do i get my school transcript certified? how about my pay stubs? my checking and saving account statement? will those do also?

Your link pretty much tells you what you need to know

CRBA applications must be made before the child's 18th birthday. We recommend that parents apply for the CRBA as soon as possible after the child's birth. Passport applications may also be submitted along with your child’s CRBA application.

There's a simple rule of thumb about the evidence - anything you HAVE, take with you. Anything you DON'T have, well, just leave it at home. Your school transcripts can be ordered from the school, if you don't already have a certified copy. As long as your passports show 5 years of physical presence in the US, you should be fine. If not, try to document how everything you have will show the required five years.

Just one appointment is needed.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)