In hot water..... literally

danb

Hello. I have a question or two about gas hot water heaters in China. Ours in the bathroom. In the past I have always adjusted the shower temperature at the water heater. By adjusting the flame. Or at least I think that is the way I had done it. The water for the shower come directly from water heater. There is no faucet per say. Just a shut off valve. The water is too hot. In the winter it isn t so bad but in the summer it is much more noticeable. Is this the norm? Is it something that can be repaired.I think I now know why they are called W.C. What do you guys think? Danb

Hello. I have a question or two about gas hot water heaters in China. Ours in the bathroom. In the past I have always adjusted the shower temperature at the water heater. By adjusting the flame. Or at least I think that is the way I had done it. The water for the shower come directly from water heater. There is no faucet per say. Just a shut off valve. The water is too hot. In the winter it isn t so bad but in the summer it is much more noticeable. Is this the norm? Is it something that can be repaired.I think I now know why they are called W.C. What do you guys think? Danb

No and yes. But, no. Sorry!

You should have separate connections for hot (coming out of the heater) and cold water, with two separate knobs just like in the US. If you don't have this, you're out of luck short of getting a little plumbing done.

Make sure the W.C. is ventilated if the heater is left on for any period of time.