Fun with Chinese Work Permits

Guest ExChinaExpat

Friends . Here is the info I got from the Ministry of Public Security ( Gong An Ju ) about the requirements for obtaining Chinese Greencards. There is indeed a family based immigration there !!! You got to be married for 5 years or more and in the past 5 years, you have lived in China for at least 9 months every year . You got to have a good job and income also.

Anyone who has done this and wants to share the story ? Thanks.

http://english.gov.cn/2005-08/29/content_27379.htm

Friends . Here is the info I got from the Ministry of Public Security ( Gong An Ju ) about the requirements for obtaining Chinese Greencards. There is indeed a family based immigration there !!! You got to be married for 5 years or more and in the past 5 years, you have lived in China for at least 9 months every year . You got to have a good job and income also.

http://english.gov.c...ntent_27379.htm

I do wish anyone the best of luck trying to get a Chinese green card. I know that it IS possible but not as simple as they say it is like most of the laws in China that are on the books. Having the law in place and getting it done is two different things. Many of the school teachers that I have been friends with for over 10 years now say none of them have been successful. Perhaps the Chinese gov don't consider that they are making enough money. One Canadian that I know has been in China for 15 years and he has tried to get a Chinese green card because his Chinese wife will not move to Canada.

This has been my take on it and it is only MY opinion based on what I have read and heard from other foreigners living in China for extended lengths of time. That if your are a very, very rich foreigner you can get a card or if you make a substantial investment in China, I've heard around $500,000 to 1 million dollars, then you can get a green card.

I am interested in what some of the others here that live in China now know about this too. Surely there are some here that live in China that know other foreigners there that have applied.

Larry

http://english.gov.c...ntent_27379.htm

I do wish anyone the best of luck trying to get a Chinese green card. I know that it IS possible but not as simple as they say it is like most of the laws in China that are on the books. Having the law in place and getting it done is two different things. Many of the school teachers that I have been friends with for over 10 years now say none of them have been successful. Perhaps the Chinese gov don't consider that they are making enough money. One Canadian that I know has been in China for 15 years and he has tried to get a Chinese green card because his Chinese wife will not move to Canada.

This has been my take on it and it is only MY opinion based on what I have read and heard from other foreigners living in China for extended lengths of time. That if your are a very, very rich foreigner you can get a card or if you make a substantial investment in China, I've heard around $500,000 to 1 million dollars, then you can get a green card.

I am interested in what some of the others here that live in China now know about this too. Surely there are some here that live in China that know other foreigners there that have applied.

Larry

GZBILL was the only one I know to get one. He said that basically he was tailed for 6 months by the PSB before he got it.