Dumb interview questions...

OK, so just double-checking...we got an email saying my wife's interview is the 24th. But what that really means is that she goes to the consulate on the 24th to turn in her documents and be fingerprinted, then returns at 7:30 am on the 25th for her actual interview, correct?

Also how long would you say we should plan to stay there? We live together in Beijing and have work...would it be OK to plan to arrive the night of the 23rd, for example? And when should be plan to leave; presumably, we'll know the results of the interview either way so we could leave the night of the 25th, right? Or should we plan to be there another couple days? If they decide we're missing something, will we have to return to Guangzhou to submit that, or could that be submitted by mail? How would the process go after that?

And finally, I plan to go with her...I gather I can't accompany her for the actual interview, but is there anything I can do while there to somehow 'register' that I am there? Does my being in Guangzhou while she's interviewing actually make any difference?

Wow, I really wasn't expecting everything to move so quickly, we just sent in the P3 a week or two ago!

Correct, the date on letter and letter indicates to be at consulate in the afternoon, they do not interview in the afternoon, the interview will be following business day.

I would be there a couple days prior to interview so that can get medical and vaccinations done before interview., and plan on a day or so after interview, you can have visa mailed to you in Beijing.

There is no ACH at the consulate, so simply have your wife bring your passport into the interview with her, however they know by how the petition was filed in Beijing that you are living together in China, so this is not the same as a state side person making the trip to China to be there for interview.

One more thing, have your I-864 and proof of US domicile ready for the interview.

Correct, the date on letter and letter indicates to be at consulate in the afternoon, they do not interview in the afternoon, the interview will be following business day.

I would be there a couple days prior to interview so that can get medical and vaccinations done before interview., and plan on a day or so after interview, you can have visa mailed to you in Beijing.

There is no ACH at the consulate, so simply have your wife bring your passport into the interview with her, however they know by how the petition was filed in Beijing that you are living together in China, so this is not the same as a state side person making the trip to China to be there for interview.

We're going to do the medical stuff in Beijing before we get to Guangzhou it seems there's an approved hospital in Beijing so I assume that's kosher?