Going on a Cruise

Vinny

Hi Everyone,

My Wife and I would like to take a Cruise to the Bahamas in July. I am a US Citizen so I'll have my Passport. My Wife is holding her Green Card. What else is required for her in order to take a Cruise and come back safely to USA?

Thanks,

Vinny and Qing

Your spouse will need both passport and green-card to travel in the Caribbean and return to the USA, green-card holders do not need a visa to visit Canada, Mexico, and the countries in the Caribbean.

Also if name on passport and green card are different maiden/married, then carry a copy of a document showing name was changed, "Marriage Cert"

Dan

So she only needs her Chinese Passport and Green Card right? No need to fill out anything for a Visa for a Cruise to the Bahamas?

Thanks,

Vinny

Correct, Green-Card + Passport and you are good to go.

National China (People's Rep.) (CN)

Residence USA (US)

Destination Bahamas (BS)

Bahamas (BS)

Passport required.

• Passports and/or passport replacing documents must be valid for period of intended stay.
  • Warning: if departing from the USA (regardless of any destination passport exemptions), a valid passport and/or accepted departure document is required by the US immigration authorities.

Visa required, except for A stay of max. 3 months:

• for holders of Hong Kong (SAR China) passports.

Visa required, except for A stay of max. 30 days:

• for alien residents of the USA, provided holding their Permanent Resident/Resident Alien Card (Form I-551).

http://www.timaticwe...ubuser=DELTAB2C

Your wife can visit for up to 30 days without visa, using her passport and (Form I-551) also known as green-card.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I don't think the cruise opporator is as critical as airlines and either name should be fine.

But if they are anal then use passport name.

I would probability use passport names if were me.

For domest air travel married name is fine.