America's Oldest Teenager Passes Away

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID34342/images/dick-clark-new-years-eve.jpg

Dick Clark, the music industry maverick, longtime TV host and powerhouse producer who changed the way we listened to pop music with "American Bandstand," and whose trademark "Rockin' Eve" became a fixture of New Year's celebrations, died today at the age of 82.

Clark's agent Paul Shefrin said in statement that the veteran host died this morning following a "massive heart attack."

Sniff, sniff....I too miss my bells. Thinkin' of gettin' the "my brother" as we call him (the ex husband) to send me a bunch of silk so's lil' rabbit can make me a pair of SILK bells.....man, I will be the hippest hipster with a pair of silk bells flashin' down the sidewalk!!!

When I came home from "over there" my first wife an I went to a Sonny's Surplus down on Wisconsin Ave in DC and I bought myself the most deluxe bells ever....a pair of Navy... wool bells!! Them suckers had the widest bells around. Had the guys' name and service number stenciled in for the laundry on board the ship and instead of a zipper they had a flap with 13 buttons. It wuz a real chore to take a piss...but then again I wuz one cool jerk with them ultra wide bells. As Billy Crystal used to say in his Fernando's Corner skit on SNL...."dahling's it always better to look good than to feel good" :rotfl:

DC....man, I was a soul music lover back from when I was 14 and started playin' in bands...with BOTH of the DC's, Dick and Don Cornelious, I got to see my heroes like Al Green, Otis Redding, Rufus Thomas, The Ojays, Jr. Walker, Isley Brothers, etc on both of those shows. Miss em both. They both gave lots of good memories of the great music of childhood.

1950 seems to have been a great year to be born, old enough ot enjoy the mid and late 60's once in a lifetime experience of the mid and late 60's....peace love dove, make love not war, free sex before the high cost of STD's, Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison, Vanilla Fudge, Friday and Saturday nights down on the corner of Wisconsin and M Street in Georgetown, DC and all the happenin' clubs where you could hear great music and pick up them college wimmins.

That's jes plain downright damn weird....Dick Clark makin' me have memories of my early sex life???? I must be in the wrong dang thread. :eyebrow:

tsap seui

Wool, Navy bell bottoms...now that's miles from being cool. I was around sailors a lot and they hated them and the 13 buttons. But I agree that the music then was great. I also hung around WDC in those days. The wimmins out numbered the men by far and the clubs were great and drinking age was 18 yoa. I've shown Hu Po several of the old groups that are on YouTube...the last was Gladys Knight and the Pipps performing on,"The Midnight Special" back in the seventies. She liked Levon Helms and Country Joe, but didn't get the lirics. Yep, the "DCs" will be missed.