An appeal will be the next stage...

My wife Yan originally interviewed on March 15th 2010 . They said it was not a bonafide realtionship and sent our case back to Customs and Immigration and National Visa Center for them to "reaffirm our petition" to Guangzhou. We had her second interview Sept, 22 2011 and this time no YES... no NO ...just "administrative Processing " It seamed like forever until last week when Yan was invited to come back to GUZ.

She traveled 1572 km spent two nights and meet with the Consulate on two seperate occassions. They made her wait for four hours in a crowded room finally calling her to a window and DENYING our petition. They never asked a question. It has taken us 39 montyhs to get to this answer and they had no need to put my wife through the long travel and lodge charges etc... Just to say NO. I'm not sure the reason and I am sure we can appeal it but does anyone here have any advice for a story like ours. We we married 12/9/08.

I have no reference point to match my emotions. It feels like somebody has killed a love one but no one is dead.... I'm lost. Anybody got anything for us?????????

Have you contacted Marc Ellis, if your wife is still in Guangzhou, perhaps she can chat with Marc's assistant there.

http://www.marcellislaw.com/

This is crazy, there must be something serious that the consulate is having issues with, and consulting Marc may sort this one out.

Have you contacted Marc Ellis, if your wife is still in Guangzhou, perhaps she can chat with Marc's assistant there.

This is crazy, there must be something serious that the consulate is having issues with, and consulting Marc may sort this one out.

I am waiting to hear and read everything that took place those days. I'm lost. The way they treated her just turns my stomach. I will know how to proceed when I have more information as to their decision.

Yan has left GUZ but we will be there together early next month. Maybe I look into finding her then.

I am waiting to hear and read everything that took place those days. I'm lost. The way they treated her just turns my stomach. I will know how to proceed when I have more information as to their decision.

Yan has left GUZ but we will be there together early next month. Maybe I look into finding her then.

Contact Marc ASAP, and he will get you in contact with his assistant in Guangzhou.

Buddy, when I read this I felt like I had been sucker punched in the gut. I know how you feel. I am literally on my way out the door and have no time to type but feel I must back up the others and say.......

Please, contact Marc Ellis today!!!!! I don't have his email address or I'd give it to you.

Hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes, those jackasses in the State Department are heartless, holier than thou, visa thugs...and their sorry asses should be deported....naked and .to Burma.

tsap seui

A little off the subject: Does anyone have any thoughts of the possibility Yan could get a visitor Visa and at least get to meet my Mom sooner than an appeal would take. My Mom is quickly aging as this horrible injustice rages on. She loves my wife as the Daughter she's never met. I dream of those two being able to spend time around one another for many reasons. I never was never married before and I feel like its appropriate to my Mom. I still haven't received any paperwork from Yan on the reason for denial. She states that the paper looks like the others... I told her to send it ASAP that it may hold clues for us. We're really at a crossroads. Thanks for everyones thoughts. As soon as I see the GUZ paperwork I would feel better about approaching Mark again. He has done a little for me before. Good day.

A little off the subject: Does anyone have any thoughts of the possibility Yan could get a visitor Visa and at least get to meet my Mom sooner than an appeal would take. My Mom is quickly aging as this horrible injustice rages on. She loves my wife as the Daughter she's never met. I dream of those two being able to spend time around one another for many reasons. I never was never married before and I feel like its appropriate to my Mom. I still haven't received any paperwork from Yan on the reason for denial. She states that the paper looks like the others... I told her to send it ASAP that it may hold clues for us. We're really at a crossroads. Thanks for everyones thoughts. As soon as I see the GUZ paperwork I would feel better about approaching Mark again. He has done a little for me before. Good day.

Highly, highly unlikely,

The interviewing officer at whatever consulate will have clear cut immigrations intent shown to them with the two denied immigration visa cases.

The burden of showing no immigrations intent is insurmountable. The interviewing officer will have in mind first and formost what's to prevent you from adjusting status once over in the states visiting.

Just the other day was posted a mother-in-law was denied, and her family including husband was not traveling only her.

How is your mother's health? In mu case 6 years ago I brought my mother over to China to take a 5 city tour, and recently she went to Hawaii for 10 days.

I would recommend perhaps having your mother take a tour of China, spending a week or so in your wife's hometown, if she is able.

How is your mother's health? In mu case 6 years ago I brought my mother over to China to take a 5 city tour, and recently she went to Hawaii for 10 days.

I would recommend perhaps having your mother take a tour of China, spending a week or so in your wife's hometown, if she is able.

That would be a dream come true. Unfortunately, my mother is in her upper 70's and just had her second heart attack. Glad your mom is doing well.

• 1 month later...

I am truly sorry for what you are going through. We receeved the "blue slip" in the mail from Guangzhou 2 weeks after we were told we were approved and bought plane ticktes. At least the "administrative processing" is better than the "white slip" but it still very frustrating. My back-up plan is to move to China.

I don't understand why you didn't contact Marc when you got your first denial but that's water under the bridge. Now you have two denials making it more complicated. Don't waste any more time trying to handle this yourself. Contact Marc today don't wait.

My wife Yan originally interviewed on March 15th 2010 . They said it was not a bonafide realtionship and sent our case back to Customs and Immigration and National Visa Center for them to "reaffirm our petition" to Guangzhou. We had her second interview Sept, 22 2011 and this time no YES... no NO ...just "administrative Processing " It seamed like forever until last week when Yan was invited to come back to GUZ. She traveled 1572 km spent two nights and meet with the Consulate on two seperate occassions. They made her wait for four hours in a crowded room finally calling her to a window and DENYING our petition. They never asked a question. It has taken us 39 montyhs to get to this answer and they had no need to put my wife through the long travel and lodge charges etc... Just to say NO. I'm not sure the reason and I am sure we can appeal it but does anyone here have any advice for a story like ours. We we married 12/9/08. I have no reference point to match my emotions. It feels like somebody has killed a love one but no one is dead.... I'm lost. Anybody got anything for us?????????

I'm not sure what you mean by "appeal" - there is no appealing or overriding a consular officials decision

If they have information that they are not sharing with the USCIS, then your petition might get approved/reafirmed again, only to be denied again. There are laws governing these exchanges, but the bottom line is that they are REQUIRED by law to deny cases where they suspect fraud is involved. Believe me, they know which hands and where to wave them when they return the petition to the US - along with the applicable sections of the INA they can wave at.

iI will take someone looking at your ENTIRE petition to see what the problem is - this is not possible for us to do. Like the others are saying,Marc Ellis is your man there. His assistant Eunice will talk with your wife for that angle. Don't delay - he can be looking at your petition while you're waiting to hear from GUZ. He'll tell you a lot more than those bastards will.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)