Cellphone in China

I can use my Razr Maxx in China according to Verizon¡£What I want to do is get a Chinese sim card while I am there.

If I do can get one with internet access? I want it for the translator prgms on my phone. The main translator prgm is google translate so I worry if it will work in China.

Dose anyone else have a translator prgm on their phone that has worked over there? Im using a Andriod phone so no Apple only ones.

try hanping pro, I did not try it due to the $25 dollars a MB AT&T would charge me for internet usage, but it is different than google. You better double check your verizon account, 3 weeks ago several guys were upset that their Verizon phone would not work in GUZ. I do not know if they neglected to have the international roaming feature turned on or if it was just their phone.

Just did a test, once you look up a word it saves it to your phone and does not need the internet to "relook it up".

Edited by ama537621 (see edit history)

Google translate is pretty decent and it's free

Google translate is pretty decent and it's free

Yeah but doesn't work in china

The Google Translate App is what I used when I was in Dalian. It being blocked was not the problem The bigger problem is 2G(?)/3G(?) service was spotty even in a 2nd tier city like Dalian so depending on where you are you may have no data acess at all.

The other thing is make sure you go to a China Mobile/China Unicom/China Telecom and get a data plan on your SIM card. When I first got an Android phone I just took the SIM card from my cheap phone that just had voice minutes and blew through about 100 RMB in 15 minutes.

The data plan I was on was about 100 RMB per month and I don't think I ever went over.