Starting Over - Needing some Advice

Yes, I am a truck driver. Yes, I am gone out on the road for most of the week. But when I get home for my 34hr restart, it was Me playing catch up

Has (or will) anything change for the next go around? IMO, it is not conducive for the time the relationship needs when anyone comes over to the US.

• Like 1

Yes, I am a truck driver. Yes, I am gone out on the road for most of the week. But when I get home for my 34hr restart, it was Me playing catch up

Has (or will) anything change for the next go around? IMO, it is not conducive for the time the relationship needs when anyone comes over to the US.

True, unless you plan on traveling together for the most part.

I do know one couple in Joplin MO that did that, he drives for Conway, and she came from the Philippines. They seem to be getting on well enough from her posting on face-book.

I would sure visit her a few times to learn more about her, family and culture. And then use the fiancee visa to check things out when she comes to the US. Can't be to carefull, imho. Good luck, amigo!

I am planning on going to Manilla later this year to visit with one of them who has 2 sons. one 8 the other 15. We've been chatting now for almost a year. It's like we are almost in sync with each other. and by that I mean, we know when the other is either going to be online or home & we make it a point to dedicate that time for one another, spending as much as 6 - 10 hours (boy time flies) but we (her & the boys) we talk about just about anything you can imagine & it just feels like we are almost already married, LOL. The boys will fight, or girl problems at shool, & with her, various issues at her work etc.

She knows that I am still speaking to 2 others at this point but also knows that the time I spend chatting with them is no where as much as :OUR" time, LOL. So, we shall see what happens ;)

True, unless you plan on traveling together for the most part.

I do know one couple in Joplin MO that did that, he drives for Conway, and she came from the Philippines. They seem to be getting on well enough from her posting on face-book.

With 2 boys to take care of... it may not matter much.

Honestly, the 'comfort offered by the US' is what most see from the outside; to get away from their present condition and fated life. I can't count on my fingers how many ladies I heard who thought, "once I get to the US, I can do anything I want"... only to later find out they felt like in a prison, bound by the culture, lack of attention, inability to curtail the laws with favors, etc.

Some do want to do it within legal means and some do not care about such things. But someone with children often have a more significant agenda for sure; there are multiple generations at stake. And the younger the more significant on some level.

We have talkd about me & my job and she seems to be ok with it. With her being a RN over there, we've talked about the possibility of her being able to do that here. And as far as the boys are concerned, when they are not in school, I could take them out on the road with me (One at a time of course) and possibly, once in a while, take all three with me so that they could see and experiance the varoius places of our country.

The Oldest has expressed an intrest in wantong to join our navy when he finnishes school, while the youngest one only cares about blowing the horn in the truck, LOL.

We have talkd about me & my job and she seems to be ok with it. With her being a RN over there, we've talked about the possibility of her being able to do that here. And as far as the boys are concerned, when they are not in school, I could take them out on the road with me (One at a time of course) and possibly, once in a while, take all three with me so that they could see and experiance the varoius places of our country.

The Oldest has expressed an intrest in wantong to join our navy when he finnishes school, while the youngest one only cares about blowing the horn in the truck, LOL.

Keep in mind she will need to re-certify to become a RN in your state, more than likely requiring going back to school a couple years to get a certificate.

Keep in mind she will need to re-certify to become a RN in your state, more than likely requiring going back to school a couple years to get a certificate.

PI is the largest supplier of nurses to the US. If she attended an accredited PI nursing school, she can start to work here immediately. It's something she should check into before immigrating.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6587581_accredited-nursing-schools-philippines.html

• 3 weeks later...

Ok all, I am planning on Going to Manila in September (actually Cavite City) to visit my SO and her 2 boys, for the first time. I will be staying at the Island cove Resort while I am there and I guess what I'm needed ti know now is about how much can I expect to pay for food while I am there. i will be there for 5 days, and i am planning on paying for the 4 of us, 3 meals a day. Well acutually, 2 meals a day as the breakfest is included with the Hotel stay.

I've tried looking up the average costs for meals there but the only thing I really found was prices for the local Mcdonalds, and lord know, I sure as heck don't wish to be eating all of our meals there, LOL So, maybe someone here who has been there recently can try & give me a break down of the various costs. I do know that the resort has several establishments on site, but i am hoping to be able to get out & do a little exploration in the local area as well.

OH!! YEAH!! Does anyone know if there is a place close by to Cavite City where one can either Scuba Dive or snorkel (My favorite hobby, LOL) I have yet to find out if there are any close by public beaches there.

Thanks

Ok all, I am planning on Going to Manila in September (actually Cavite City) to visit my SO and her 2 boys, for the first time. I will be staying at the Island cove Resort while I am there and I guess what I'm needed ti know now is about how much can I expect to pay for food while I am there. i will be there for 5 days, and i am planning on paying for the 4 of us, 3 meals a day. Well acutually, 2 meals a day as the breakfest is included with the Hotel stay.

I've tried looking up the average costs for meals there but the only thing I really found was prices for the local Mcdonalds, and lord know, I sure as heck don't wish to be eating all of our meals there, LOL So, maybe someone here who has been there recently can try & give me a break down of the various costs. I do know that the resort has several establishments on site, but i am hoping to be able to get out & do a little exploration in the local area as well.

OH!! YEAH!! Does anyone know if there is a place close by to Cavite City where one can either Scuba Dive or snorkel (My favorite hobby, LOL) I have yet to find out if there are any close by public beaches there.

Thanks

You will get many responses in this forum on VJ...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

They have a couple useful threads pinned, and a very active group happy to answer that one.

However I am not pushing you there, just that Candle is more China, and of course we are all happy to help ya on the visa petition process questions.

There is the feller in CFV who drives a truck and she arrived recently and he is posting about their adventures on the road together. I find it rather enjoyable reading. Of course no kids.

There is the feller in CFV who drives a truck and she arrived recently and he is posting about their adventures on the road together. I find it rather enjoyable reading. Of course no kids.

Joplin MO? If so I May know of them.