Easter Eggs... ect.....

knloregon

Everyone knows what Sunday is.... So some of us go to Church, but a lot more celebrate in almost nonreligious ways --- Easter baskets, Easter egg hunts.. the advent of Spring, after all... (except here in the Pacific NW---rain snow mix today---same predicted for tomorrow..)

What do you and yours do? --- anyone still dress up? Dinner with extended family?---and if so, traditional ham, Cantonese, other Chinese --- or mixed. Interested in both the planning and the outcome ~ (particularly if its a mixed cultural affair...)

Last year it was a get together at my Daughters home with her husbands family. My wife and step daughter like to go there for all the food people bring. A real variety something that never happened in their Nanning life. Before dinner grace is said with people holding hands but the food is the most important to them. My wife has started a garden with the same vegetables we ate in China so that is her passion. There is so many Chinese people living here from California and they all have money. Over 110 Chinese places to eat in a city of 160K, crazy. Funny thing is these two want nothing to do with Chinese people. Maybe we will go to Branson this Sunday, they really like it down there, just a short 40 minute drive. Happy Easter everyone, Don

Last year it was a get together at my Daughters home with her husbands family. My wife and step daughter like to go there for all the food people bring. A real variety something that never happened in their Nanning life. Before dinner grace is said with people holding hands but the food is the most important to them. My wife has started a garden with the same vegetables we ate in China so that is her passion. There is so many Chinese people living here from California and they all have money. Over 110 Chinese places to eat in a city of 160K, crazy. Funny thing is these two want nothing to do with Chinese people. Maybe we will go to Branson this Sunday, they really like it down there, just a short 40 minute drive. Happy Easter everyone, Don

That is kind of refreshing to here. I thought that my wife was the only Chinese person in America that did not want anything to do with other Chinese people. She will not go to any kind of family get together even for the free food.

Larry

Lusheng boiled up 150 of so eggs today and the twins wrapped them with some different colored translucent plastic. She and the girls have been going to the same Church for what 12 or 13 yrs now. Kim we have many get get-togethers with my family here at the house throughout the year but we are not having anything tomorrow and heck I dint know what we are having for dinner either lol?

Well, Don, seems you must be in sort of a sweet spot for Chinese culture.. I too, try to grow some Chinese vegetables, but last time I checked, Carl's wife Bing is still the master gardener for that here in Oregon.....

Ggirt, Ham's on sale here for 99 cents per pound at Safeway---can't see how they do it year after year... an obvious loss leader, and wife just shakes her head ----fresh ham in GZ that her sister buys, is three times that price.

Dennis, looks like you are a member of a very special congregation... I will be at the Chinese Baptist Church here in Portland, a small congregation, of original descendants of the first Chinese in Oregon. but I'm very gratified to see that several of the leaders have, in the last year, returned to China, to re-establish their connection with their ancestral families---and, indeed, in two cases, found their original ancestral homes---still intact!

---

Matthew: 28/6 ---"He is not here, for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."

And a Happy Easter to all!