N-400 questions

Part 1,sec.C.......Maiden/Chinese name before we got married (which was more than 5 years ago) ?

Part 8,sec.F......does this concern China and here or only here?

Parts/sections that don't pertain to her/us,do we need to write in "N/A" in the box(es) as we did in previous applications (AOS,etc.)?

Finally (maybe),in writing the application,do we need to write in all capital letters or is that only if you type in?

Part 1, sec C make it 3 years if filing based on 3 years residency married to a US Citizen... (Maiden Name.)

Part 8, sec F has to do with ALL prior marriages... Foreign and Domestic.. Note Immigration status for prior spouse (Check "other" and note NON-Immigrant)

Part 8, sec G has to do with US Citizen "You the person NOT applying for citizenship"

All caps..

Note: The form can be filled out and then printed, best to fill in the PDF form, and print, this avoids any mistakes at USCIS when they do data entry.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/n-400.pdf

How about Part 4,sec.B "care of","mailing address"....it's the same as home.I notice next to the "if different from home address".................leave it blank?

Leave blank, In care has to do with someone else receiving the mail...

Thanks alot dnoblett.........sent everything today,so I guess we'll hear something in about 3 months (?) .

Depending on how busy your field office, 3-4 months is to be expected, it was that way for my wife.

Biometrics about a month after filing with interview about 1 month or so after.

Click the timeline link below for details.

• 1 year later...

I have a question about the n-400. The form wants me to list my previous marriage dates but I can't remember this of course. Do they really think I would remember this? :rotfl:

Any advice yawl?

Enter some dates on the form cuzin' Gawga Boy. Dates to the bestest of yore recollection.

Is we'uns gittin' a new citizen?

tsap seui

I have a question about the n-400. The form wants me to list my previous marriage dates but I can't remember this of course. Do they really think I would remember this? :rotfl:

Any advice yawl?

Not sure, but could you locate the original marriage certificate, or obtain a copy from local/state registrars office?

Or I would take a good educated guess.

Any advice yawl?

Enter some dates on the form cuzin' Gawga Boy. Dates to the bestest of yore recollection.

Is we'uns gittin' a new citizen?

tsap seui

Yassuh looks as ifn shes gonna take the plunge.