if you pass the interview, do you have to come to the us right away?

also on this site:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/forms_and_packets.htm

there are several packet 3 and 4:

1. K Visa Instruction Packet (“Packet 3”)

2. K-3/K-4 Appointment Packet (“Packet 4”)

3. K-1/K-2 Appointment Packet (“Packet 4”)

4. IV Instruction Packet (“Packet 3”)

5. IV Appointment Packet (“Packet 4”)

6. SB-1

which packet 3 and 4 is related to me since i'm applying for cr1 for my spouse? thx in advance.

also on this site:

http://guangzhou.use...and_packets.htm

there are several packet 3 and 4:

1. K Visa Instruction Packet (“Packet 3”)

2. K-3/K-4 Appointment Packet (“Packet 4”)

3. K-1/K-2 Appointment Packet (“Packet 4”)

4. IV Instruction Packet (“Packet 3”)

5. IV Appointment Packet (“Packet 4”)

6. SB-1

which packet 3 and 4 is related to me since i'm applying for cr1 for my spouse? thx in advance.

IV packet 3 has to do with immigrant petition filing in China, If you are living in China and filed the petition to USCIS Beijing or Guangzhou, then will get IV Packet 3, if filed petition in the USA, this is the NVC stage.

IV Packet 4 applies to CR-1, and IR-1 visas.

so you can have the child either chinese or english name on the chinese birth certificate, is that correct? also can the child have dual citizenship? i remember reading somewhere where chinese government don't allow dual citizenship? is that correct?

I believe China considers the child a dual citizen until the become of legal age at which point they consider child to be a US Citizen having no longer any claim at Chinese Citizenship.

And it does not matter what name is on the birth cert, this is strictly up to the parents, though the convention is child taking family name of the male parent, given name is what ever the parents chose (Chinese or Western)

so you can have the child either chinese or english name on the chinese birth certificate, is that correct? also can the child have dual citizenship? i remember reading somewhere where chinese government don't allow dual citizenship? is that correct?

I believe China considers the child a dual citizen until the become of legal age at which point they consider child to be a US Citizen having no longer any claim at Chinese Citizenship.

And it does not matter what name is on the birth cert, this is strictly up to the parents, though the convention is child taking family name of the male parent, given name is what ever the parents chose (Chinese or Western)

China does NOT recognize dual citizenship. Once the child claims American citizenship, he/she relinquishes their Chinese citizenship.

• Like 1

Depends on visa, K-Visa is valid 6 months after interview, Spouse (CR-1 or IR-1) visa tends to be valid only 90 days.

I thought the spouse CR-1 visa process is valid for 6 months from the issue date.

I have seen a few posts where claimed getting a 90 day visa.

Here is an example of one set for less than that.

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/userpics/70914/normal_ff.JPG

But sometimes longer too.

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/userpics/99033/cr-1_a.jpg

A deciding factor is validity of police cert and medical, visa tends to be set at 6 months or less depending on when Police cert and/or medical expires.

In the next process at NVC, I opt in for email of documents. By emailing the docs, it should cut things 2-3 months. For me, I am guessing it will be in 3-5 months for interview but it could be a few month longer if there is something missing or there is a RFE.

Damn, we just got an email stating they shipped everything from NVC to Guangzhou ( fast ) The interview is scheduled April 16. The medical examination requires a chest X-Ray. There might be too much radiation for the un born baby but was told it was fine. Unfortunately, we don't trust their option. Because of the baby, we cannot have a medical examination until after the is born. Therefore sadly, we will reschedule five months later. Will send an email to Guangzhou.

Note, I opt for scanning documents to NVC instead of regular mail. NOA2 was Jan 23.

Edited by William Lee (see edit history)

In the next process at NVC, I opt in for email of documents. By emailing the docs, it should cut things 2-3 months. For me, I am guessing it will be in 3-5 months for interview but it could be a few month longer if there is something missing or there is a RFE.

Damn, we just got an email stating they shipped everything from NVC to Guangzhou ( fast ) The interview is scheduled April 16. The medical examination requires a chest X-Ray. There might be too much radiation for the baby but was told it was fine. Unfortunately, we don't trust their option. Because of the baby, we cannot have a medical examination until after the is born. Therefore sadly, we will reschedule five months later.

Note, I opt for scanning documents to NVC instead of regular mail. NOA2 was Jan 23.

Electronic is super quick....better safe than VERY sorry.

Good luck in 5 months. I wouldn't trust an X-ray now either.

tsap seui

For the next step I think it's called packet 4 for interview, I thought we were suppose to get something in the mail. Packet 4 contains information like which hospital, more forums etc.

Since I am the choice of agent on DS-3032, am I suppose to get it or my wife ? And it doesn't make a difference if I optin for scanning document to NVC. On the hand, it might be too early and to wait for something in the mail. My wife was extremely happy but shocked that it was so quick for interview.

Note, I think it would be even faster by a week if I didn't wait to send the DS-230 with the other docs and a few days for other things.

For the next step I think it's called packet 4 for interview, I thought we were suppose to get something in the mail. Packet 4 contains information like which hospital, more forums etc.

Since I am the choice of agent on DS-3032, am I suppose to get it or my wife ? And it doesn't make a difference if I optin for scanning document to NVC. On the hand, it might be too early and to wait for something in the mail. My wife was extremely happy but shocked that it was so quick for interview.

Note, I think it would be even faster by a week if I didn't wait to send the DS-230 with the other docs and a few days for other things.

Lately Packet 4 has been reported to be just an Email to print out for interview invite, and instructions to download the forms from the consulate website...

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/forms_and_packets.htm

If they do mail out Packet 4, it will be mailed to beneficiary in China, sending them to petitioner in the USA would not be convenient if petitioner is not going to China for the interview.

Note, I think it would be even faster by a week if I didn't waited to send the DS-230 with the other docs and a few days for other things.

Lately Packet 4 has been reported to be just an Email to print out for interview invite, and instructions to download the forms from the consulate website...

http://guangzhou.use...and_packets.htm

If they do mail out Packet 4, it will be mailed to beneficiary in China, sending them to petitioner in the USA would not be convenient if petitioner is not going to China for the interview.

Thanks for the info. We did get some basic instructions in the email along with the interview date but i thought it was more. The link to the conslute's website is dead. Will try again later tonight. Anyway, I will find the webpage one way or the other for the needed information. Thanks again.

Edited by William Lee (see edit history)