if you pass the interview, do you have to come to the us right away?

how long can she stays in china before she comes to the us after she pass the interview? the reason i'm asking is she is pregnant and is due probably around the time of the interview. i want the baby to be at least a month old before she fly over with the baby. how long can she stay in china after she pass the interview? thx in advance.

Depends on visa, K-Visa is valid 6 months after interview, Spouse (CR-1 or IR-1) visa tends to be valid only 90 days.

If baby is yours, make sure the birth is registered at the US consulate for a US passport, and will need to get an exit visa from the local PSB office to leave China.

Depends on visa, K-Visa is valid 6 months after interview, Spouse (CR-1 or IR-1) visa tends to be valid only 90 days.

If baby is yours, make sure the birth is registered at the US consulate for a US passport, and will need to get an exit visa from the local PSB office to leave China.

My wife's CR-1 visa was limited by the medical report. The medical report expires 180 days after it was done. The main reason you want to do the medical as close to the interview as possible. If you are approved the day of the interview and you do the medical a few days before interview you should have close to six months to enter the US.

The police report is good for a year and could possibly determine the visa expiration date, normally this does not come into play as the medical will expire before the police report.

how long can she stays in china before she comes to the us after she pass the interview? the reason i'm asking is she is pregnant and is due probably around the time of the interview. i want the baby to be at least a month old before she fly over with the baby. how long can she stay in china after she pass the interview? thx in advance.

My wife is pregnant too. The good thing, it is almost guaranteed we will get a visa and not to worry too much about a denial.

We do have an issue with the medical check up. It is required to get a chest X-Ray. We do not want the X-Ray because of possible radiation to the unborn baby. Was told the X-Ray was ok but we don't trust the medical opinion..

The medical will be done after the baby is born is our plan, We will continue the process of getting a visa now.. If the interview is before the baby is born, we are planning to reschedule. We know we might have to wait another 2-3 months if we have to reschedule, The baby is expecting sometime in mid to late July. We just emailed the scanned paperwork for NVC DS-230 and DS-864 is where our timeline is for the visa. From my estimates, the interview is possible in 3-4 months from now. It looks like we might have to reschedule.

Edited by William Lee (see edit history)

My wife is pregnant too. The good thing, it is almost guaranteed we will get a visa and not to worry too much about a denial.

We do have an issue with the medical check up. It is required to get a chest X-Ray. We do not want the X-Ray because of possible radiation to the unborn baby. Was told the X-Ray was ok but we don't trust the medical opinion..

The medical will be done after the baby is born is our plan, We will continue the process of getting a visa now.. If the interview is before the baby is born, we are planning to reschedule. We know we might have to wait another 2-3 months if we have to reschedule, The baby is expecting sometime in mid to late July. We just emailed the scanned paperwork for NVC DS-230 and DS-864 is where our timeline is for the visa. From my estimates, the interview is possible in 3-4 months from now. It looks like we might have to reschedule.

congrats to you. a couple of question for you. do you think guangzhou consulate nazi will ask for an dna test to see if your baby is yours? even if they don't will you go get it just for evidence. looking at your signature:

"June 01, 2011 Married in Guangzhou

July 14, 2011 NOA 1 dated received

Jan 23, 2012 NOA 2 dated received ( 6 months plus after NOA 1 )

Feb 08 2012 Received Bill for AOS for $88

Feb 08 2012 Email for received for DS-3032

Feb 13, 2012 Payment of AOS fee $88 online

Feb 23, 2012 NVC BILL $404 received in email

Feb 23, 2012 NVC BILL PAID online $404

Feb 23 2012 Sent in I-864 with other doc in email

waiting for receipt or confirmation of $404 payment"

since you file the i130 in July 2011 and you expecting your interview at aug. 2012. that's little more than a year for your interview.

i file my i-130 with an immigration lawyer/guys back in dec. 2011 and got letter confirmation that they got my i130 like a week later. then i got another letter from immigration dated feb. 27 2012 saying they needed my 2 x 2 photos of me even though we have send that in my i-130. so i send in that 2 x 2 photos this week. my immigration guy told me if everything is going to plan, he is 100% sure my interview is in aug. 2012. do you think he is bsing me or telling me the truth? i asked him how sure he is on this and he said he is very sure. i'm expecting my baby in late aug. 2012. he said if i want an interview in nov. 2012, i should hold off paying the $88 till april 2012? now should i listen to this immigration lawyer guy or pay the $88 as soon as possible so i can have the interview in nov. 2012?

In the case of a married couple, if both parents are listed on birth record, I have not seen them require a DNA test, if US citizen is on the birth record then they do not question it, child is considered US Citizen Birth Abroad.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/service/registration-of-new-born-baby-in-china.html

If born out of wedlock, then a DNA test probably would be required.

One of my friends just came CR-1 with his wife a few weeks ago. She is about five months pregnant. I know they waived some of the medical due to the pregnancy. I am not sure about the X-Ray. I know they were going to the ISOS Clinic in Beijing. That clinic used to do the medical for Guangzhou as well, if convenient, I might try to get the medical done there.

You can most likely have the TB test administered by a more pregnancy-friendly method - check the CDC site for mor up-to-date information, or ask your doctor when she goes for the medical exam.

The CDC sets the vaccination requirements, and is the ONLY site to go to for up-to-the-minute information (vaccination requirements MAY change - although they rarely do)

Some who have received the BCG vaccinations in China may register a false positive for TB - http://www.mayoclini...s-and-diagnosis

An interesting update Oct., 2009 -

To fulfill the requirement of testing for cell-mediated immunity to TB, civil surgeons may now administer an interferon gamma release assay (IGRA) or a TST. Interferon gamma release assays are blood tests that measure a component of cell-mediated immune reactivity to Mycobacterium tuberculosis in fresh whole blood. CDC allows the use of QuantiFERON-TB Gold®, QuantiFERON®-TB Gold In Tube (QFT-G IT), and T-SPOT®. The civil surgeon should administer only one type of test for cell-mediated immunity (TST, QuantiFERON-TB Gold®, QuantiFERON®-TB Gold In Tube [QFT-G IT], or T-SPOT®) to each applicant.

i file my i-130 with an immigration lawyer/guys back in dec. 2011 and got letter confirmation that they got my i130 like a week later. then i got another letter from immigration dated feb. 27 2012 saying they needed my 2 x 2 photos of me even though we have send that in my i-130. so i send in that 2 x 2 photos this week. my immigration guy told me if everything is going to plan, he is 100% sure my interview is in aug. 2012. do you think he is bsing me or telling me the truth? i asked him how sure he is on this and he said he is very sure. i'm expecting my baby in late aug. 2012. he said if i want an interview in nov. 2012, i should hold off paying the $88 till april 2012? now should i listen to this immigration lawyer guy or pay the $88 as soon as possible so i can have the interview in nov. 2012?

It looks like you have not recieve your NOA2 because you just sent in 2 X2 photo for the I-130, is this corrected ?

Sorry, you can't start the NVC process without NOA2. It took me over 6 months just to get my NOA2 but it could be ONLY 3-4 months to get the NOA2. It depends on what place your I-130 was sent and the amount of cases they have. My case was sent to The California Service Center and the process for NOA2 was over 6 months. So, you have to wait for the NOA2 and later a bill for the $88. Your lawyer should have a check list and caught the missing photo.

Were was your I130 case sent to, What Service Center ?

Since you have NOT received your NOA2, it would be impossible for an interview in Aug 2012. Just look at other people's timeline for their interview. It usually takes about 12 months or more, from starting to getting a visa.

In the next process at NVC, I opt in for email of documents. By emailing the docs, it should cut things 2-3 months. For me, I am guessing it will be in 3-5 months for interview but it could be a few month longer if there is something missing or there is a RFE.

One of my friends just came CR-1 with his wife a few weeks ago. She is about five months pregnant. I know they waived some of the medical due to the pregnancy. I am not sure about the X-Ray. I know they were going to the ISOS Clinic in Beijing. That clinic used to do the medical for Guangzhou as well, if convenient, I might try to get the medical done there.

I got the information about the X-Ray from GZ website.

William Lee

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m pregnant and can’t have the X-rays that are required for the medical exam. What can I do?

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) mandates that women who are both pregnant and required to have a medical examination in connection with the issuance of a visa must have a chest x-ray examination conducted. Pregnant women will have to provide the panel physician with consent to conduct the chest x-ray. For the health of the applicant and her unborn child, CDC instructs panel physicians and laboratories to provide abdominal and pelvic protection with double layer, wrap-around lead shields for pregnant women receiving chest radiographs. If you do not want to have an X-ray while pregnant you can wait until after the birth of your child, but you can not be issued a US Immigrant Visa until you have an X-ray and complete the medical examination.

http://guangzhou.use.../iv_faqs.htm#22

It looks like you have not recieve your NOA2 because you just sent in 2 X2 photo for the I-130, is this corrected ?

Sorry, you can't start the NVC process without NOA2. It took me over 6 months just to get my NOA2 but it could be ONLY 3-4 months to get the NOA2. It depends on what place your I-130 was sent and the amount of cases they have. My case was sent to The California Service Center and the process for NOA2 was over 6 months. So, you have to wait for the NOA2 and later a bill for the $88. Your lawyer should have a check list and caught the missing photo.

Were was your I130 case sent to, What Service Center ?

Since you have NOT received your NOA2, it would be impossible for an interview in Aug 2012. Just look at other people's timeline for their interview. It usually takes about 12 months or more, from starting to getting a visa.

In the next process at NVC, I opt in for email of documents. By emailing the docs, it should cut things 2-3 months. For me, I am guessing it will be in 3-5 months for interview but it could be a few month longer if there is something missing or there is a RFE.

i'm sorry, but i'm not familar with all these abbreviation NOA2, RFE etc. and what it stands for. that's why i hired an immigration guy to do all my paperwork...lol. somehow i have i dont have too much confidence in this guy cause he was the one who told me not to file married in my income tax and told me not to worry about it. he also said don't worry and that most cases that he worked on or helped get a pass for a visa in guangzhou...lol. anyway, i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt since i think he doing his best and i don't have time since i work all day and filling out all these application for my spouse.

i saw my 2 x 2 photos got sent in with my i130 application when i gave it to my immigration guy. i think uscis office probably lost my photos since they request my photos again and not my spouse. my i-130 was sent to the vermont service center. i'm in nyc btw.

so i have a few more questions:

1. what do you think my wife interview most likely will be based on your personal experience? what month? aug., or sept. or oct., or nov. or dec. 2012?

2. can i get an email confirmation on my status or they let me know when my wife actual date of the interview is thru email? if so at what point or what application do i fill that out with my email and my wife email address? can we email them back if we want to change the schedule date of the inteview?

3. you mentioned, the next phrase of your nvc application, you email in all of your documents? what documents? is it proof of your relationship with your wife (i.e. emails, photos, airfare, phone bills, skype logs etc.)? if so how do you do it? do you print all of them in pdf and send it to them? if you have alot of documents, won't it be too much or file size it too big for them to accept?

4. this question is specifically for anyone who had or planning to have a biological child in china while the father is a us citizen. did you give the child an english name or a chinese pinyin name for the us passport? can the child have dual citizenship (chinese and american)? if yes, can the child have an english name on his chinese passport?

. . .

i saw my 2 x 2 photos got sent in with my i130 application when i gave it to my immigration guy. i think uscis office probably lost my photos since they request my photos again and not my spouse. my i-130 was sent to the vermont service center. i'm in nyc btw.

We have seen other cases where apparently frivolous RFE's were sent out (although usually at the California center) - there is speculation that this may be a delaying tactic by the processing center in response to political pressures to expedite handling of petitions and applications.

It is best to simply comply with the request

so i have a few more questions:

1. what do you think my wife interview most likely will be based on your personal experience? what month? aug., or sept. or oct., or nov. or dec. 2012?

Since you have not received your NOA2 from the I-130, it will be about 10-11 months for your interview. How did your lawyer get Aug 2012 and Nov 2012 for an interview date. From start to finish, getting a visa takes about 12 to 24 months.

After the information is check at Vermont Center, you will be sent a letter for the next step. The letter is called NOA2. You need to read up and study what are the basic steps and process. Try these sites and this site.

http://www.visajourn...content/k3guide

http://guangzhou.use.../iv_faqs.htm#22

2. can i get an email confirmation on my status or they let me know when my wife actual date of the interview is thru email? if so at what point or what application do i fill that out with my email and my wife email address? can we email them back if we want to change the schedule date of the interview?

Sorry I can't help you hear since I have not gotten to that step yet. I think it's package 4 when you interview date will be known.

3. you mentioned, the next phrase of your nvc application, you email in all of your documents? what documents? is it proof of your relationship with your wife (i.e. emails, photos, airfare, phone bills, skype logs etc.)? if so how do you do it? do you print all of them in pdf and send it to them? if you have alot of documents, won't it be too much or file size it too big for them to accept?

Next step after USCIS ( NOA2 ) is National Visa Center. You need to read up and what are the basic steps of the process.

4. this question is specifically for anyone who had or planning to have a biological child in china while the father is a us citizen. did you give the child an english name or a chinese pinyin name for the us passport? can the child have dual citizenship (chinese and american)? if yes, can the child have an english name on his chinese passport?

I believe you will have a birth certificate in Chinese. It can be either in Chinese or English for the baby's name. Then you have to register the baby at a US consulate. You need to bring a list of things, birth certificate, your passport, marriage certificate etc.

RFE stands for request for more evidence ( documents ).

NOA stands for Notice of Action.