Arrested, Jail, Stupidity in shopping. Asians Need to Run for Office.

Doug

This is Doug, for any new comers. In case anyone wants to look at history.

I changed my name here to Doug after the divorce.

Doug, I've been going to the VA 3 days a week for occupational therapy on some tendons in a shoulder. Been dropping off lil' rabbit to do her gift shopping for when we head back to Chiner next year. She hasn't accidentally walked out of any stores with anything but she is spoiled rotten by the $2 and $4 sales JCP and Maceys had late last month and into March. She's got a suitcase full of very nice name brand clothes with less than $200 invested....LOL She almost feels like she is stealing them. Funny thing is she knows they are seasonal sales and she knows most American women are much larger than her or her friends sizes so she always can find excess nice clothes in the XS size. She even found one nice top that was "Made in America".....none of us trust that though. I told her some humorous factory worker in Chinertucky just put that label on for a joke.

Yesterday she was dressed to the nines and told me she had a total of $11 tied up in the 4 piece outfit. When I finished up therapy yesterday I went over to pick her up and she walked me through various stores showing me expensive clothes she was waiting to go down in price. She's loving shoppin' in America and much to my enjoyment she is making an effort to see just how low they will go with pricing. Now she hates to spend more than $5 for any single garmet...feels like she's getting ripped off if she pays more, and I'm talkin' about stuff that started out at $75 to $85.....LOL

Hope your ex gets to learn her lesson "cheaply" with no bad repercussions.

tsap seui

It's a hoot to watch Brer Rabbit trying to scratch off the $2 and $4 dollar stickers on the clothes price tags to get down to the original $75 price so she can show friends and family how "much" she spent on them..

Well, Tsap, I can certainly vouch for that.

Portland is the home of Columbia Sportswear, and while most of it is made in China, its sells for absurd prices there, so we go to the outlet store and pick up, in some cases, identical garments that her sister purchased in Foshan two months earlier for, literally, four times the price! ---- which she then sends off to her sister as sort of a one-up-mens-ship, price tags attached. My view: "What? she already has it!" ---lets just send her stuff she doesn't already have....

That's funny Kim. I told one salesman yesterday that all these clothes she is buying are made in China, and she's buying them to send them back to China.

I think China is one of the most expensive places I've ever been, be it for food, clothes, electronics, housing, you name it. I don't see how any typical Chinese family makes it....well, take that back as I see her family just doing without. Happy folks but doing without. Lots of food we take for granted is called "holiday food" there.

They should lower the prices for wimmins clothes in China...all them beautiful sexy wimmins shouldn't have to pay big money to wear sexy clothes, I tells ya.

tsap seui

Well has anyone ever found a tool set in China? You know, sockets and ratchets and stuff? Of course no need, just call the repair man, he is CHEAP!

I went over there this weekend to take her a paper she needed to get notorized, and DANG if I didn't let myself get swindled into shopping with her... It never ends...

She bought a Pear tree but stopped and asked specifically if we needed to take it in to the cahier or pay then grab from sidewalk. Worker helped us take it in. I think she's got it now, I hope. Again she was like a blind dog in a meat locker earlier.

My wife really enjoys being able to return clothes, something they can't do in China. Go shopping one weekend, go back the next weekend to return the items she's decided against keeping. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! I've had to caution her several times about going into Kohls to return something and then shopping on her way to the returns area at the back of the store. "Do the damn return and then shop. Don't give any funny impressions like perhaps you returned to the store with a receipt, an empty bag and then refill it and ask for a refund".

I just explained to her what happened to Dougs ex and she says she "gets it".

Keep an eye on your wives until they get it!

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

I just wanted to add to this old thread.. My daughter just had a run-in.

Went to Walmart, saw some candy that looked good, so sampled one out of the box before buying and decided it was no good.

Started to leave the store, and they stopped her an called the police.

Charged her with theft for eating 1 candy out of a box, now she has to go to court and fight it.

Ridiculous!

She is in Sherman if that lawyer son-in-law offer is still available.

I just wanted to add to this old thread.. My daughter just had a run-in.

Went to Walmart, saw some candy that looked good, so sampled one out of the box before buying and decided it was no good.

Started to leave the store, and they stopped her an called the police.

Charged her with theft for eating 1 candy out of a box, now she has to go to court and fight it.

Ridiculous!

She is in Sherman if that lawyer son-in-law offer is still available.

Sent a PM...