Arrested, Jail, Stupidity in shopping. Asians Need to Run for Office.

Doug

I know this is opposite of Chinese thinking, never think about bad things or say them..........

This is opposite of my wife's thinking.............she has no problem thinking about bad things or saying them. :sweating_buckets: But I'm happy to say that she hasn't had a problem with shopping....................yet. :whistling:

• Like 1

Yeah, yeah, yeah---- I know full well I'm the contrarian here....

But just seems sorta' a one sided account. We've seen this kind of thing so many times before---there are two sides to every story, and I'm not buying that: One: we are getting the whole truth from the one side we are hearing here----and Two: that we will ever get the other side to post her account at the Candle.

I know this is opposite of Chinese thinking, never think about bad things or say them..........

This is opposite of my wife's thinking.............she has no problem thinking about bad things or saying them. :sweating_buckets: But I'm happy to say that she hasn't had a problem with shopping....................yet. :whistling:

Maybe you missed the subtlety here...

She can freely speak it.... you cannot... STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPID MAN....

But just seems sorta' a one sided account. We've seen this kind of thing so many times before---there are two sides to every story, and I'm not buying that: One: we are getting the whole truth from the one side we are hearing here----and Two: that we will ever get the other side to post her account at the Candle.

I thought about cutting and pasting her account that she wrote in WORD, but it names names of people and is rather lengthy. Probably I should have posted under me old name on CFL. But...I don't need to justify myself, believe what you want, just thought you guys might like to know so you can take any action on your side as you feel needed.

I did send a PM to 3 friends here that know a few personal things about our marriage and was not going to do more than that, but the Asian lawyers in the area say this kind of thing with Asians is keeping them busy. So if that typical here it is..........

I'll edit myself before the mods do.

Edited by Doug (see edit history)

I thought about cutting and pasting her account that she wrote in WORD, but it names names of people and is rather lengthy. Probably I should have posted under me old name on CFL. But...I don't need to justify myself, believe what you want, just thought you guys might like to know so you can take any action on your side as you feel needed.

I did send a PM to 3 friends here that know a few personal things about our marriage and was not going to do more than that, but the Asian lawyers in the area say this kind of thing with Asians is keeping them busy. So if that typical here it is..........

I'll edit myself before the mods do.

No problem here believing you Doug. Sounds like behavior I have heard about in other places as well.

Or so I have learned. :shutup:

Agreed but when you get with the lawyers and if this goes to trial she will have to remember. She cannot burry her head in the sand as one lawyer put it about Asians. I know dealing with unpleasant memories is very dificult, but this is the real deal here no matter how "uncomfortable" she feels about it........... Hey now it is her lawyers problem. I did all I could, and I really don't care if she gets mad at me. I am free from :)

All is well though. She has 2 young married couples (Chinese) going to her house for hotpot tonight. I was invited but not going.

Thanks!!

Yes a Calss A Misdm... has a one yr Max. We feel it is a class B but that needs to be argued. I imagine offers will be made for lessor charge, like Dennis said. It is possible to get it on down to a Class C like a speeding ticket but it is on her record and she works in a bank.

My heart goes out to her. From everything you've told us I believe she used some poor judgement but didn't intend to steal anything. Considering the risk of deportations and the possibility of losing her job I think it's imperative that she get the charges dropped. While a Chinese speaking lawyer may be easier for her to communicate with it's more important that her lawyer is experienced with these type of cases. I wish her luck Doug, especially for the little one's sake.

• Like 1

There is always the risk of deportation, however probably very low, it will affect application for citizenship.

Here is one that will burn ya,

Bill that would deport illegal immigrants who drive drunk being reconsidered

States have to pass laws for things that should be automatic.

knloregon, on 07 March 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

"....I thought about cutting and pasting her account that she wrote in WORD, but it names names of people and is rather lengthy. Probably I should have posted under me old name on CFL. But...I don't need to justify myself, believe what you want, just thought you guys might like to know so you can take any action on your side as you feel needed. .."

Wait a minute. Doug, you have a written account (by her) ----that you aren't posting? Can't you delete the: "named names" ? Its still a piss-poor substitute for hearing both sides----and of course you can select (and edit) from anything she has written to put her in the worst possible light---but it's a start.

Went to see another lawyer this week. He help me understand that if she admits guilt in writing to the DA, if offered the Pre-Trial Diversion program, then after the probation is over within 6 mos to a yr, then can get this expunged which means all records in the city, county, and state will be sent and given to her, including the confession paper. All electronic records are wiped clean, thus could be another first times if she did something stupid in the future. I kept wondering how they would know if a second event ever happened if expunged, so.....

Critics of this program say the big problem is admitting guilt where there is none, to avoid trial. THAT was my big issue with this, but if fully expunged then I am satisfied with her prospects. The big IF is what is offered. It is a Class A and not a C or B.

It does not mean they can force the FBI or Homeland Security to wipe the slate clean about an arrest. But everything in TX would be wiped clean, by court order, for her jobs sake.

Mikey, we may need to deal with the immigration end as well, but it may be more for another relative of hers. Right now, we have to nip the criminal and civil side of this ASAP, as far as I am concerned. I stay on her case about this so she will hire someone, instead of waiting. I didn't know you had a son-in-law. Your that old? :D

• Like 1