P4 emailed to fiancees?

Hi all. My fiancee is telling me that several girls she talks to on QQ recently got P4 via email instead of snail mail. We just sent in our P3 yesterday and we included the EMS mailing doc so my understanding is that P4 will be snail mailed. Do any of you have experience with this?

thanks all

Don

Actually everyone I know (4 couples though all DCF) who has interviewed in the last 6 months has been notified by email and told to download forms. They might still be following up by EMS but the email may be the only notice you get.

There use to be a time when were required to have a specific invite letter for the interview that was in P4, but they have changed this to arriving at the consulate, I suspect the copy of BIO page sent back with P3 handled that, they then have a list of passport numbers to go by.

But yes everything is downloadable from the consulate site, even 5 years ago when my Wife did her K-1 they indicated about the downloads.

One more piece of advice, even though vaccinations are optional for K-Visas, they are required for immigrations later when applying for green-card. It is best to get them done in China at the medical, and get this recorded on the DS-3025 record and placed in a separate sealed envelope for later use in the states when adjusting status. I have been seeing several posts where this is becoming a normal practice for K-Visas. This will save you from having to deal with US Civil Surgeons in the states who in many cases try to rip you off. See: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41344-us-civil-surgeons-and-the-i-693/