Whitney Houston Passes Away

Thomas Promise

Such a tradgedy. She was a great singer. May God have mercy on your soul. RIP Whitney.

http://www.theboombo...ead-dies-at-48/

Yes she was a great singer but lead down the wrong path. I ran accross the two of them in a Buckead nite club where our band was just finishing up a wedding. Man did she look rough, face all sunk in and stuff. It was a sad moment for me.

Bobby brown has a great deal to answer for.

Now, is it worse because it was Whitney and not some nameless whore he got hooked on drugs? No. But it makes it more vivid.

Drugs suck y'all.

I'm not okay with legalization, even though it is clear that illegalization isn't cutting it...at least not as it is done currently. But Whitney's problem was the availability all people would have, post-legalization.

Got to see her sing twice at Merriweather Post Pavillion outside Baltimore back in the early 80's. Back when she wuz a sexy lil' thang.

Sad to see her go. Strange, I can't find it in me to wail over her drug issues. I should care, hell, I've been in AA and N/A and got off dope in 1985.

It's a helluva disease, some survive, some don't want to survive.....enough to do it.

RIP Whitney, you and Janis, and Jim, and Jimi, and so many others left us too early. Thanks for the memories.

tsap seui

"...RIP Whitney, you and Janis, and Jim, and Jimi, and so many others left us too early. Thanks for the memories...." just to name a few......

Tsap, there was something about that time---not just you'all livin' evry moment on the edge----but a time where musicians did too. The music, IMHO, was the best in US history (and thats A LOT to say---given the greatness of jazz) ----for originality, force and social connection. But the musicians paid a horrible price to get that close to the precipice ..... (as did the warriors of VN)

"...RIP Whitney, you and Janis, and Jim, and Jimi, and so many others left us too early. Thanks for the memories...." just to name a few......

Tsap, there was something about that time---not just you'all livin' evry moment on the edge----but a time where musicians did too. The music, IMHO, was the best in US history (and thats A LOT to say---given the greatness of jazz) ----for originality, force and social connection. But the musicians paid a horrible price to get that close to the precipice ..... (as did the warriors of VN)

Yeah buddy, the sextys and seventies were quite some cool dayz to live in....especially if'n you survived them.

Glad I got to see Witney and hear live her huge voice. Her stages back then made her look like the QUEEN or Goddess of music. Pretty lavish and even over the top, but cool when I look back on those memories.

I don't hold anything against Bobby Kiss My Ass Brown, he's just another addict. Whitney was too. She had used drugs before she met him. She knew the score, she had been around the block, in rehab, etc....it was all her choice. Addiction is a horrible animal, I call it my 500 pound gorilla who lives on my shoulder and is always wispering in my ear that it's okay to fire up another one, or snort that line. Addiction never goes away, but in the end, it's still YOUR CALL...BB didn't hold her down and force anything in her mouth or up her nose.

RIP Whitney, sorry it turned out this way, lady. Sometimes having every damn thing just isn't enough.

tsap seui