Living in China and Confused

We have been together for over a year before marriage. But we have no bank account or apartment lease. We live in an apartment supplied by my employer. I can get affidavits though.

I can put more information about our meeting in the cover letter but with both of us being divorced twice if we include information on past marriages the cover letter would be come the a 300 page novel...lol

• 2 weeks later...

I want to hand deliver the I-130 Packages to Guangzhou for the wife and step daughter. I'd like to do this in July. The wife however doesn't want to do this she wants to post it. I'm kind of nervous about this because I've had too many friends that have posted things and sometimes they arrive sometimes they don't.

Would it be better to hand deliver the packages or post them? Or does it really matter?

Also another question. I've filled out the G-325a form and the line where it asks for date and location of the divorce there isn't enough room for both the date and the location. Would it be better to abbreviate the date? Say changing from 3/31/99 to 3/99 or abreviate the city?

Abbreviate date, they should be able to get this from the copy of divorce decree that you attach.

You need to visit the field office friday morning.

Form I-130

Immediate relative petitions (Form I-130) are accepted from U.S. citizens with proof of residency within this consular district only. Additionally, petitions are only accepted for visa categories that are current. The petitions must be filed in person by the petitioner. Please see Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.

U.S. Citizens who legally reside in the local area, can file an Immediate Relative Immigrant Petition (Form I-130) by coming to the office during public service window hours only. We do not accept applications by mail.

http://www.uscis.gov...000082ca60aRCRD

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I want to hand deliver the I-130 Packages to Guangzhou for the wife and step daughter. I'd like to do this in July. The wife however doesn't want to do this she wants to post it. I'm kind of nervous about this because I've had too many friends that have posted things and sometimes they arrive sometimes they don't.

Would it be better to hand deliver the packages or post them? Or does it really matter?

Also another question. I've filled out the G-325a form and the line where it asks for date and location of the divorce there isn't enough room for both the date and the location. Would it be better to abbreviate the date? Say changing from 3/31/99 to 3/99 or abreviate the city?

Guangzhou USCIS won't accept a mailed application - you need to go there on Friday morning, like Dan said.

U.S. Citizens who legally reside in the local area, can file an Immediate Relative Immigrant Petition (Form I-130) by coming to the office during public service window hours only. We do not accept applications by mail.

http://guangzhou.use...n-relative.html

edit: Dan's edit didn't show before I posted this, but I'll leave it since it includes a link to the Guangzhou USCIS page

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Quick question on the G325a. There is a box by the signature box that asks "This form is submitted in with an application for:"

Do I check the "Other" box and write I-130 or another selection.

Also on the employer area. There is enough room for the company name and the city. Do I need the complete mailing address on this line or will the name of the company and the city and country be sufficient?

Other and I130 spouse visa petition.

Yes Co name and city country should be fine. Kind of like a resume.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the body of two affidavits written but I'm not sure how to format them. Is there a site that I can use to find the proper format to use for the headers and signature lines that the INS will accept?

Use these as an idea...

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/USCIS_I751_Affidavit.doc

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/I-751_support.doc

Rework them for I-130 filing and address to USCIS Guangzhou.

Yeah, it's definitely been an education. I think it would go smoother if the wife would stop listening to her Chinese teacher friends who are all US Visa experts...lol

Welcome to what we call "the Chinese expert syndrome". It seems to be pretty common. It takes a few instances of the Chinese expert friends becoming obviously wrong before they start to believe you over them. The trick is not to rub her nose in it causing her to lose face. Just pretend it never happened. That's the Chinese way.

Yeah, I do the whole. "Well that may have worked for this person, but we're going to try it this way." It took forever to convince her we couldn't just post the paper work to Guangzhou. What settled it was "Do you really want to trust China Post with a letter with 5,500RMB in it?" That settled that question...lol

Edited by bubbahotek (see edit history)
  • Like 1
I can put more information about our meeting in the cover letter but with both of us being divorced twice if we include information on past marriages the cover letter would be come the a 300 page novel...lol

A single page, cover letter as an outline bullet and a 1-3 page Evolution of Relationship (EOR) is best.

You should re-post the step daughters outline to make sure you got the changes mentioned and evidence of relationship.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a copy of my latest table of contents. My new question is do I have to provide proof of residency in China and if so do I make copies of my work visa pages in my passport?

Enclosed please find my Form I-130, Petition for CR-1 Spousal Visa for Li Yurong, and supporting documents.

Contents include:

• Evolution Of Relationship
  • Payment in the amount of $ 420.00
  • Form I-130
  • G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner)
  • G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)
  • Birth certificate/US Passport (Petitioner)
  • Birth certificate of Spouse (Translated)
  • Marriage Certificate (Translated)
  • Copy of Petitioners Divorce Documents (Marriage 1)
  • Copy of Petitioners Divorce Documents (Marriage 2)
  • Copy of Spouse Divorce Documents (Marriage 1 Translated)
  • Copy of Spouse Divorce Documents (Marriage 2 Translated)
  • Affidavit Confirming Relationship
  • Affidavit Confirming Relationship

Photographs of Petitioner and Beneficiary

Looks good. how about photos together, as well as photos of petitioner and extended family?