Question about form GNI-2 for P4

On Form GNI-2, question 7 says "List all organizations or political parties you are now or have been a member of or affiliated with since you were 16" Is this where we tell that she is a member of the CCP...I am assuming YES

Also, on the back of the form, question C. says you must answer YES if you are or have been affiliated with any Totalitarian Party. Is the CCP considered Totalitarian for the purposes of this form? I read where one guy said his wife answered YES to this one but the people they list out in this question C seem like a sure fire denial.

We want to be completely honest and we are planning to answer YES on question 7....but we are unsure about question C as it mentions Nazis and other really bad groups.

Can anyone share their experience or knowledge about this form?

Thanks all

Don

Yep, CCP membership is affiliation with a political party, and yes the communist is considered to be a totalitarian party.

As others have indicated being honest is better than liying and getting caught even later in life. Having a letter explaining in details what the reason for membership was, and a resume is very helpful.

Since a K-Visa does not use DS-230 part 2, the consulate uses the GNI-2 to cover these questions.

Then we will answer YES to question C and make sure her explanation letter and resume are attached. This CCP thing....as many of you have experienced....is as stressful to me as the K1 process. Sorry to ask so many questions....but my fiacee's CCP experience includes the fact that the leader of the college she works for told her to be promoted she must take on the role of secretary for the small teaching group in which she worked. She did this thinking she would get promoted and then never did. So she resigned from the secretary role. Our fear is that this is considered more than "rank and file" membership and might hurt us. All we can do is be honest though.

Just so I am understanding, even though she had a small secretary role in the CCP for the college she works for which made her more than "rank and file", we should still be able to get the standard waiver?

Yes. Is pretty much the same as being in a work union in the states, and doing part for the union like secratary.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Ok great! That's definitely encouraging. My fiancee has obviously been stressed about this part.....not to mention the rest lol. I told her that we will just be open and honest....and disclose everything about her membership, which really isnt all that much, and we should be fine. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.

Ok....I have what I think is my last question about this ccp situation. The title of the ccp role she did for about 3 1/2 years was called "teachers group party secretary". I know that "secretary" can be a position of power, and can also consist only of duties like an administrative assistant would perform. My fiancee and I have talked over and over about this position she had and the duties were exactly like an admin. asst. would perform...or a messenger. No power or authority at all. My question is this. On GNI-2, question 7 asks about CCP membership..."Type of Membership/Leadership Positions". Should we simply put "teachers party group secretary" or should we put the role which was "administrative assistant"? I am probably over thinking this, but would really appreciate opinions from you folks as I trust your judgement and experience. Thanks all