Chinese Dating Agency the US

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ExChinaExpat

My concern would be their use of "matchmaker" seems to put them as a marriage broker on some level.

It's not only the use of the term 'matchmaker', but the fact that they state they become personally involved in the meeting and dating process. If it's based in the US, and they are providing services to US citizens and green card holders, then there is no violation of marriage visa protocol. But, and as peewee herman says, 'everyone I know has a big butt'....

If they are trying to match a non-US citizen or resident with someone who is a citizen or resident, and USCIS catches wind of it, then, be prepared to duck.

Edited by JiangsuExpat (see edit history)

Taking a look at that site from my impression the site is a bit crude and unpolished, they do state that they actively match make, but others on line do the same.

• CHN-Love http://www.chnlove.com/ (IMB they do actively try to match people, and use several match makers in China)
  • Cherry-Blossoms http://www.blossoms.com/ (US Based online dating site, is a place for singles to meet and exchange contact info, or the site can set up trips to meet people overseas. Not a marriage broker because they do not actively match people for a fee.)
  • Asian Beauties http://www.asianbeauties.com/ (Not sure if marriage broker or not.)

and many others

IMBRA is not the big boogie monster that it seems to be, the legit IMBs comply to IMBRA they provide background info to the foreign resident, as well as USCIS investigates the background of US Citizen petitioner.

IMBRA compliant sites are very up front about this.

In my case, I had an account on CHN-Love that account would make suggestions as to possible matches "Admirer emails" I did respond to a few, the ones willing to exchange contact info I would continue with using normal email, if unwilling to use email, it would stop there. I met one nice girl exchanged many emails eventually ended up touring China with her, but there was no spark so did not go any further after that. I continued to get matches from CHN-Love, ignored them for the most part until I got one for my wife. I also had an account on Blossoms and was not very active at all on, just looking at prospects but not contacting anyone until I spotted my Wife's profile there too, so I contacted her on Blossoms and exchanged email addresses on Blossoms.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Taking a look at that site from my impression the site is a bit crude and unpolished, they do state that they actively match make, but others on line do the same.

Completely agree

Guest ExChinaExpat

In my case, I had an account on CHN-Love that account would make suggestions as to possible matches "Admirer emails" I did respond to a few, the ones willing to exchange contact info I would continue with using normal email, if unwilling to use email, it would stop there. I met one nice girl exchanged many emails eventually ended up touring China with her, but there was no spark so did not go any further after that. I continued to get matches from CHN-Love, ignored them for the most part until I got one for my wife. I also had an account on Blossoms and was not very active at all on, just looking at prospects but not contacting anyone until I spotted my Wife's profile there too, so I contacted her on Blossoms and exchanged email addresses on Blossoms.

CHN-Love does not charge Chinese women for services. Only men pay, and pay very well to read the "Admirer emails" you mentioned. I recall paying close to 300.00 USD to get 30-credits from them. It takes one credit to read an email, and one credit to send one. CHN-Love, Asian Beauties filter all email sent to the woman from the man. They also send responses that are clearly generic. They do not allow email, telephone numbers, or other alternative methods of communication to get through. They say they are translating email from the man to the woman, but they are actually doing their best to milk the man out of as much money as they can before they allow one on one contact. It's been a long time since I read the US criteria for marriage broker, but it seems that if the US citizen pays the fee to meet the woman, then it's okay. I think they got upset with some rouge agencies who tried to tack on huge fees to the Chinese woman and demanded she pay before she leaves China. Some of these rouge agencies even went to collect fees from the family or the US man, creating a lot of difficulty for everyone involved.

CHN-Love does not charge Chinese women for services. Only men pay, and pay very well to read the "Admirer emails" you mentioned. I recall paying close to 300.00 USD to get 30-credits from them. It takes one credit to read an email, and one credit to send one. CHN-Love, Asian Beauties filter all email sent to the woman from the man. They also send responses that are clearly generic. They do not allow email, telephone numbers, or other alternative methods of communication to get through. They say they are translating email from the man to the woman, but they are actually doing their best to milk the man out of as much money as they can before they allow one on one contact. It's been a long time since I read the US criteria for marriage broker, but it seems that if the US citizen pays the fee to meet the woman, then it's okay. I think they got upset with some rouge agencies who tried to tack on huge fees to the Chinese woman and demanded she pay before she leaves China. Some of these rouge agencies even went to collect fees from the family or the US man, creating a lot of difficulty for everyone involved.

Actually I seem to recall when using that site paying credit only to send and email to someone, never to receive. Also in the case of CHN-Love the women on that site work with a local agency in China, and I believe they do pay that agency, and the agency then list them on CHN-Love. There was no fee for me to pay to make a profile, only paid fee to make contact and email to them.

At the time CHN-Love did not hit hard at all, and was able to send contact info to a couple and then used normal email off the site, this may have changed since then.

Of the ones I did list Blossoms seemed to be very fair, it was a straight forward dating site with a flat monthly fee to make contact and communicate with anyone no issues.

Guest ExChinaExpat

Actually I seem to recall when using that site paying credit only to send and email to someone, never to receive. Also in the case of CHN-Love the women on that site work with a local agency in China, and I believe they do pay that agency, and the agency then list them on CHN-Love. There was no fee for me to pay to make a profile, only paid fee to make contact and email to them.

At the time CHN-Love did not hit hard at all, and was able to send contact info to a couple and then used normal email off the site, this may have changed since then.

Of the ones I did list Blossoms seemed to be very fair, it was a straight forward dating site with a flat monthly fee to make contact and communicate with anyone no issues.

Because I have used the site recently, and also talked to several of the women who use their services, I am confident of what I state here. Again, Chinese women do not pay for services from the agency. Only men pay. A man may send a woman a "Cupid Note" which is completely free. If the woman chooses to respond, then the man may open the response for free. However, it is a generic response, that contains fluff written by the agency. If the man wants to respond to the woman again, then it costs one-credit. You can buy credits one at a time, or get a bunch of them at a better. price.

Because I have used the site recently, and also talked to several of the women who use their services, I am confident of what I state here. Again, Chinese women do not pay for services from the agency. Only men pay. A man may send a woman a "Cupid Note" which is completely free. If the woman chooses to respond, then the man may open the response for free. However, it is a generic response, that contains fluff written by the agency. If the man wants to respond to the woman again, then it costs one-credit. You can buy credits one at a time, or get a bunch of them at a better. price.

Yep, has changed since 2007. I remember the cupid notes, and yes all the fluff.

I even did a test message with a remaining credit after exchanging emails with my wife for some time, I sent a message to her CHN-Love profile and got a response back from the service as if they were communicating for her.

Anyway, when using services like this buyer beware, there is always a middle person, so you are never really sure of who you are communicating with.

I was lucky, I met my wife on Blossoms, exchanged contact info, and proceeded from there, and also was able to truly confirm her through clues in her emails, especially when saying where she worked an English school in Yangshou, I then located their website, and then located her on that site.

http://www.xijieschool.com/

Guest ExChinaExpat

Yep, has changed since 2007. I remember the cupid notes, and yes all the fluff.

I even did a test message with a remaining credit after exchanging emails with my wife for some time, I sent a message to her CHN-Love profile and got a response back from the service as if they were communicating for her.

Anyway, when using services like this buyer beware, there is always a middle person, so you are never really sure of who you are communicating with.

I was lucky, I met my wife on Blossoms, exchanged contact info, and proceeded from there, and also was able to truly confirm her through clues in her emails, especially when saying where she worked an English school in Yangshou, I then located their website, and then located her on that site.

http://www.xijieschool.com/

This was all so much easier the first time around. Mostly because I didn't know what the hell I was doing. Now, I am like the man given a mission to go pick the best ear of corn from a massive cornfield. They just don't seem to be fertilizing and managing the corn as well as I remember.

The women pay for CHNLove to setup their account, profile and answer questions... CHNLove is good for ladies who don't speak so much english as they try to 'take care of them'... but the lady pays for it... and will very rarely disclose that to anyone...

f they can speak english well enough, then they don't need some help.

I know someone who works there...

Guest ExChinaExpat

The women pay for CHNLove to setup their account, profile and answer questions... CHNLove is good for ladies who don't speak so much english as they try to 'take care of them'... but the lady pays for it... and will very rarely disclose that to anyone...

Talked to several ladies who used the service David. They don't pay for it. I suppose if someone actually hooked up and wanted to allow them to handle the meeting and provide interpreters, then there may be a bill to settle. But, to sign up with the service, read or reply to email is a free service for women. Men pay to send mail, they pay to read mail. They pay to get the woman's telephone number or email address, unless they are smart enough to get it another way. Women must pay for the photos posted on the site. It's the same deal as having free drinks for women in bars. Bring in the ladies for free, and the men follow.

Guest ExChinaExpat

I have confirmed with now four Chinese female friends. All say the same thing. They did not have to pay anything for the service.

How does a lady get her profile on Chnlove? Does she have to use another agency?

How does a lady get her profile on Chnlove? Does she have to use another agency?

Yes, has to visit one of the matchmaking services through out China that is affiliated with CHN-Love.