Thank you everybody!

Want to thank all of you that helped me through this process over the last few years, you know who you are.. There are some here who selflessly give of themselves to those of us in our confusing and at times desperate process of legal immigration...She is finally here!! TAHNKS AGAIN

NEW QUESTION... My wife's son who is 24 years old would like to come here.. She has been told by Chinese friends it could take up to 9 years.. Is this true? What is the process or where can I go to find some info? .Appreciat some guidance.. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Jimu

True, it will take a very long time to get an immigrant visa, visas in this class fall into the visa limits class.

B. (F2B) Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older) of Permanent Residents: 23% of the overall second preference limitation.

First: (F1) Unmarried Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens: 23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference.

Third: (F3) Married Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens: 23,400, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences.

Currently he falls into the F2B preference class, If spouse becomes a US citizen while waiting on visa petition, then can fall into F1 or F3 (If got married AFTER your spouse becomes a citizen)

Currently F2B petitions filed before October 15 2003 are now getting visa numbers.

F1 Dec 04, and F3 Dec 01.. So yes 8 + years...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

To start the process: http://www.visajourney.com/content/childpet

True, My wife and I filed for her son a little over 3 years ago. We probably have another 3 or 4 years to wait. Your fastest option would be to file now and once your wife has had a green card for 2 years and 9 months file for her to become a US citizen. Once she is a citizen notify the USCIS of her change in status and it will move her son's petition into the first preference category. There is a quota on these visas so you have to wait for one to become available. It's a long haul. Good luck.