Thursday is Groundhog Day

Thomas Promise

Since I am now visting China it is Groundhog day now here with the time difference, China does not celebrate this day since Groundhogs do not live in Asia according to my better half.

Will Good Old Punxsutawney Phil the groundhog see shadow in Punxsutawney, Pa. or Staten Island Chuck in New York plus the land of grits and gravey native Gen. Beauregard Lee who hails from Atlanta. Anyones guess. Odds makers are no shadow. Time will tell.

Happy Groundhog Day America!

Ground hawg is good with collard greens n' grits....other than that, they ain't sheeit. Know wudda mean?

I live about 50 miles from Punxsutawney Phil's burrow. I'm thinkin' about payin' him a visit and tryin' to get him into AA. They say the only way they can git him to come out into the cold so they can look at him in Feb is with plenty of likker... then again, I reckun a drunk weatherman is certainly no worse than a cold sober one...each ones forecast usually makes them look like they are either drunk, or should have been, when they made their forecast. At least a drunk weatherman has an excuse for being wrong...eh?

tsap seui

i like that smithsonian analysis. one thing that was confusing me though is the "saw shadow" and "no shadow" picture in the top left. isn't it backwards, i.e., should be "no shadow = early spring"?

love the movie and love bill murray!

Anoother "eagle-eyed reader" caught that also, and they posted a corrected one

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/399828_10150525962253253_47619793252_8903260_1492142791_n.jpg