What Percentage of Good Reasonable Applications Are White/Blue Slipped

I was wondering lately if CFL is a classic example of the minority of people always making 100x the "noise" on forums as opposed to people who have no issues/are success stories/smooth rides through the process.

I am not casting doubt on the thoroughness or validity of any of the applications submitted by members coming to this site for advice and help.

I'm just curious how much in the minority cases like many of the ones found here are. I know everyone eventually has a 'happy ending' but sometimes it takes much longer than everyone would like.... :(

I realize there probably aren't any "hard" numbers but what percentage of cases does the average trouble CFL member represent?

I can only speak from my own experience: the day my wife had her interview (last September), I watched almost everyone come out (I was there early and my wife was one of the last to come out). I'd say 40-50% of the folks did not pass the interview (it's pretty easy to tell as you watch them emerge from the interview area).

People find this place and ask questions hoping to help their case (or at least get as much right in the process as is possible). It's probably true that those who have trouble come back to ask more questions, so there is naturally more discussion about the cases with problems than the ones that sail through. It's probably also true that those who have had problems come here to vent as they feel that CFL members will be sympathetic (not sure if that might be some of the 'noise' you mention).

I'll bet though that at least some of the long-time members are here just because they like to help other people and they like to be part of this community, whether they did or did not have a lot of problems with the interview process themselves.

Oh, and not everybody does have a happy ending, no more than in anything else in life ^_^ but we're trying!

Buddy, you ain't hearing "noise" from even a fraction of the people who "read" and study Candle, then have problems at their interview.

There is a sub-Candle group of folks who read this site but never post......I hope you never get any PM's from any of those poor folks. It ain't pretty. I've helped so many other folks who got screwed at their interview by the clowns in Guangzhou that it almost burned me out. Why did they pick on me? Because I was on Candle loudly making "noise" about the rif-raf who call themselves visa officers. Now, why would I be making "noise" on Candle, one may ask.....read the white noise in my signature....LOL

I reckon half of the folks who go for interviews pass on their first try. It is all about luck at your interview. Yeah, cross them t's n' dot them dern i's, hand in the kitchen sink....and cross your fingers as TIGHT as you can. It don't take brains to pass the interview....just luck. ;)

tsap seui

I never considered anyone "pickin" on me with their PM's. We were all in the same boat and it was my honor to help them bail out the Guangzhou bilge and sewer water from that damned consulate as fast as we all could....together.