What else is needed with form I-134?

My tax returns from turbo tax are in PDF format so all I can do with those are email and have her print. Turbo tax files them for me electronically so I don't even sign them. That is a concern to me so hopefully the V.O. understands that a signature isn't required for electronic returns filed this way. Also, my W2s are sent to me electronically too so there really are no "originals".

My tax returns from turbo tax are in PDF format so all I can do with those are email and have her print. Turbo tax files them for me electronically so I don't even sign them. That is a concern to me so hopefully the V.O. understands that a signature isn't required for electronic returns filed this way. Also, my W2s are sent to me electronically too so there really are no "originals".

Two of the three years of tax returns we submitted were from TurboTax. We submitted the PDF pages as printed, no signature. As long as they look legit, no signature required. I would have to relook at the I-864 but I think your (orginal) signature there states that the submitted tax information is legitimate.

My W-2 and paystubs were all printed from an Intranet site at work. Again, as long as they look legit you sould be OK.

That's good to hear. Thank you for sharing that. As of now, I am going to send my fiancee my e-W2 for 2011 and Turbo Tax return pdf for 2011. Then I am going to request IRS tax transcripts for 2009 and 2010, scan them and email to her to print. A friend of mine did the same thing and she was successful. Sounds like the only "original" docs they want are those that you MUST sign, like the I-134....etc.

• 2 months later...

My fiance passed her interview and she did not provide tax transcripts. We provided only what the I-134 asked for, which was a letter from my bank and a letter from my employer. I understand people here like to "throw in the kitchen sink" but I am of the mindset that if they don't require it then don't include it. If they required three years of tax transcripts to pass the interview they would require that on the I-134, but they don't. The fact that they may look at the transcripts if you provide them does not mean they are requiring the applicant to submit them. I only throw this out there for the benefit of others that may have been in a similar situation like I was in. I was a full-time college student at the time I got engaged and my tax transcripts would not have helped me out because the income was very low. But, I provided what they asked for and she passed the interview.

My fiance passed her interview and she did not provide tax transcripts. We provided only what the I-134 asked for, which was a letter from my bank and a letter from my employer. I understand people here like to "throw in the kitchen sink" but I am of the mindset that if they don't require it then don't include it. If they required three years of tax transcripts to pass the interview they would require that on the I-134, but they don't. The fact that they may look at the transcripts if you provide them does not mean they are requiring the applicant to submit them. I only throw this out there for the benefit of others that may have been in a similar situation like I was in. I was a full-time college student at the time I got engaged and my tax transcripts would not have helped me out because the income was very low. But, I provided what they asked for and she passed the interview.

It's a matter of presentation - the VO is there to (hopefully) give your spouse a visa. Why wouldn't you cooperate toward that end by providing helpful information? That doesn't mean that you need to provide anything that works against you.

• Like 1

It's a matter of presentation - the VO is there to (hopefully) give your spouse a visa. Why wouldn't you cooperate toward that end by providing helpful information? That doesn't mean that you need to provide anything that works against you.

Exactly, it has been posted before several times where the consulate has demanded to see a copy of one, if not 3 past years tax returns as part of the I-134 evidence, they do know that this will be needed later after marriage when filing to adjust status.

For example US Con Manila stipulates this in their "OF-169" as part of item "m" http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_004.pdf

The consular officer can ask for this, and is why here on this board it is a recommendation. Think of the I-134 as a dress rehearsal for the bigger I-864 later used for AOS, and provide same documentation as will be provided later with the I-864.

You just got lucky.