wife plans to go back to china

Hi,
My wife plans to go back to China this march for a month.I am looking at ticket prices now,and what worries me is this...her passport has her Chinese name ( maiden name ) and her green card has her married name ( my last name ).i believe the thinking is,i would book her tickets in her passport name.which would be fine getting to China.It's the return to America that concerns me.Her passport and green card,while have her picture....but have different names.She is going back to Chongqing,can she get her passport ammended with married name in China? what if she can not do this,what problem will she have getting into USA with passport(chinese) and green card,having different names?

Jim

This is a very common topic.

My wife has been out of the country 12 times since getting greencard, never a problem, and passport is still maiden, and greencard is married name.

Book tickets in passport name, carry a copy of document showing name change like marriage cert, and greencard.

Exit authority of china understands this, all they bwant to know is that can re enter thee USA, which is what the greencard allows, and the POE is only conserned with greencard.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

This is a very common topic.

My wife has been out of the country 12 times since getting greencard, never a problem, and passport is still maiden, and greencard is married name.

Book tickets in passport name, carry a copy of document showing name change like marriage cert, and greencard.

Exit authority of china understands this, all they bwant to know is that can re enter thee USA, which is what the greencard allows, and the POE is only conserned with greencard.

Great !!!! thanks

Hi,

My wife plans to go back to China this march for a month.I am looking at ticket prices now,and what worries me is this...her passport has her Chinese name ( maiden name ) and her green card has her married name ( my last name ).i believe the thinking is,i would book her tickets in her passport name.which would be fine getting to China.It's the return to America that concerns me.Her passport and green card,while have her picture....but have different names.She is going back to Chongqing,can she get her passport ammended with married name in China? what if she can not do this,what problem will she have getting into USA with passport(chinese) and green card,having different names?

Jim

ChunMei's leaving for her first trip back to Nanning. Based on some other postings here I'm sending a photocopy of our marriage license along with her just in case.