Expired Forms given to us for Interview in Guangzhou

Hello,

The forms my fiancée was sent by the US Consulate in her P4 to bring with her such as DS-156, DS-156K, and DS-157 are expired according to the dates on the top right corner of the forms.

The top right corner indicates an OMB Approval No. then an Expires date.

Had anyone had a similar situation and is this an issue? These are the forms that were sent by the US Consulate Guangzhou themselves.

Thank you,

"Expiration fate" shown on forms

Note that any "expiration date" listed on a form is NOT that form's expiration date, but the Office of Management and Budget approval expiration date as required by the Paperwork Reduction act. Data is collected and submitted to the OMB in order to track its usage. A form may contain a notation such as:

Approved OMB 1405-0134

Expires 11/30/2011

Estimated Burden 1 Hour*

but the form may be used beyond 11/30/2011 unless the new instructions specifically state otherwise. Of course, it's best to try to locate the most recent version of any form you submit.

I have heard of this happening before; if it were me, I'd download the forms from the consulate website and use them.

You can also check out the new online procedure, although it is not required for immigrant visas (including the K-visas).

New Electronic Processing of Non-Immigrant Visa Applications

The new DS-160 Electronic Process for Non-immigrant Visas is effective March 1, 2010.

JF1228, DS-156, 157 and 158 have all been combined to create the DS160. The only difference is that the DS160 application is online

The new procedure is for non-immigrant (meaning temporary visitors) visas only. As far as I can tell, this would NOT include the K-visas. Follow your normal procedure as instructed by the consulate, including for I-130 applications.

Andrew DiSanto 2: (16:52) Will the DS-160 be required for K-1 Visa Applicants and K-2 Visa Applicants?

Should DS-160 forms be submitted in addition to the forms typically required for K1/K2 Applicants?

Visa Officer Tom Leiby: (16:52) Hello, Andrew! Technically, K-1/K-2 visas fall under immigrant visas. Since

the DS-160 only applies to non-immigrant visas, then the DS-160 isn't required for K-1/K-2 visa

applicants.

from http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guangzho...ant%20Visas.pdf

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUwMTk2ODg0.html

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Again the OMB Expire date is not a date after which the form is invalid. OMB date has to do with a survey mandated by Office of Management and Budget conducted by the Department of State or USCIS to determine handling time for the form, as part of the Paperwork Reduction Act, it is an internal date only.

The date at the lower left corner of the form is the edition date, DOS and USCIS typically noted what edition date is considered to be valid.