Back to China for spring festival. How to prevent getting sick

Thats a really idea. I was planning to ask my doctor for Ambien for this trip. In the US I can eat anything and never have any problems. I read the symptoms of jet lag and they include diarhea, nausea, etc...so maybe the ambien will do the trick. This trip I will be staying with my sweety at her apartment so 90% of our meals will be cooked there. My dr. said to stay away from ice and fountain drinks in China which I drank both while there. Wondering if that caused me problems.

One thing that cured my jet lag was to sleep the entire time on the plane. Of course I needed medicine for this (Ambien) but it worked. I hit the ground running and was never tired.

Sounds like you are very sensitive to certain foods. Are you sensitive to any foods here in America?

Yes stay away from ice and fountain drinks. Even bottled water in some cities are not safe as they use tap water to fill the bottles. My wife was very peculiar about certain bottled waters and would not let me drink them. Your gal should know best. One thing, if it doesn't taste right then beware. Only take a sip to determime the taste. If it ain't right then don't drink it. Only eat foods that have been boiled such as noodles. If your gal know how to make soymilk then this will be a plus as well as green tea. I ate at many streetside restaurants and was not affected. Green tea as well as puer tea detoxifies the blood so this is a good thing.

Learned this lesson about the Ice in Mexico years ago... I must say my 1st trip to China I had bad Jet-Lag... not sick, just out of it.... the following 4 times I went, I started taking Jet-Lag as soon as I got on my 1st plane going to China, something I bought off the internet,,, never had problems again. As far as drink, I never drank anything but hot-tea or bottled water or something from a bottle. I never did have any problems with the food. Never ate anything strange like Dog.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic