Social Security Cards

when we recieved the social security cards for Rong and her two children, I notice on Rongs' card it states "Valid for work only with DHS authorization" , while the childrens has none of this and appear the same as my SS card. Can anyone expound on this as to the exact meaning of this? Does this mean Rong cannot recieve any SS benefits but the children can? Is this how others recieved their SS cards?

when we recieved the social security cards for Rong and her two children, I notice on Rongs' card it states "Valid for work only with DHS authorization" , while the childrens has none of this and appear the same as my SS card. Can anyone expound on this as to the exact meaning of this? Does this mean Rong cannot recieve any SS benefits but the children can? Is this how others recieved their SS cards?

The stamp is a very lame attempt to indicate her immigration status on her SS card.

It means basically that work authorization is provided by the USCIS - the SS card is NOT evidence in itself that the holder is legally able to work in the United States. Employment Authorization is indicated by a green card or Employment Authorization card. Some prefer to see an SS card without this "restriction" ( although it doesn't restrict the holder in any way) - as soon as she gets her green card, you can apply for a new one without that stamp on it if you prefer.

That notation is SSA's way of telling prospective employers to ask for addiitional evidence of employability, (green card, passport with I551 or EAD stamp, or EAD card), typically a K1 holder gets restricted SSN.

SSA advises to visit them any time immigrations status changes, ( non immigrant -> immigrant (greencard holder) then from immigrant -> Citizen )

Another thing about Unrestricted SSN card, per I9 used by employer, Unrestricted card + State ID is enough to prove employable.

We got restriction on SSN removed shortly before my wife's 2 year card expired, the SSA officer knew exactly why we were doing this, and next month after my wife officially becomes a Citizen, we will visit SSA again to inform them of a new citizen, so that her benefits will be appropriate.