It looks like we're getting closer on the paperwork for Mei's siblings to come to the states. USCIS is telling us that there needs to be a form; DS260 filled out and submitted online. I've been trying to get to a point where I can at least look at this darn form so that we can prepare and make sure the info they ask for is at hand when we're ready to do this. Any ideas?

Once a I-130 petition is approved by USCIS they are no longer involved, they are giving you generic instructions which would apply to most other consulates for countries other than China, DS-260 is used for other countries, China is different, they still use the older DS-230.

The NVC stage guide can be found here:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37703-i29fk3-changes-and-nvc-electronic-processing-for-i-130cr1/ (This also applies to other immigrant visas like for a parent)

All I know is this letter we have is specific about using the DS260 instead of the 230. Now we have to teach Mei's sister to sit still long enough to get it done on the computer.

The USCIS web sites report that it will be rolled out world-wide, so you may get to be the pioneer here. One other reported something about a DS-260 about a month ago, but it wasn't entirely clear if he reported the form numbers correctly.

Anyway, you can have her fill out a paper DS-230 ahead of time, and then just transcribe them on to the electronic DS-260.

One thing to do is, once you have a GUZ number, to opt into the electronic processing and get a GZO as per the procedure I posted above, it will save you months of time.

All I know is this letter we have is specific about using the DS260 instead of the 230. Now we have to teach Mei's sister to sit still long enough to get it done on the computer.

The USCIS web sites report that it will be rolled out world-wide, so you may get to be the pioneer here. One other reported something about a DS-260 about a month ago, but it wasn't entirely clear if he reported the form numbers correctly.

Anyway, you can have her fill out a paper DS-230 ahead of time, and then just transcribe them on to the electronic DS-260.

That makes sense too! tyvm

One thing to do is, once you have a GUZ number, to opt into the electronic processing and get a GZO as per the procedure I posted above, it will save you months of time.

There have been GUZ numbers for over a tear now. I guess that the things we went through to get Mei back to Richmond took such a toll on me that I just don't know how much I have motivation in me to do anything else that has anything to do with USCIS. Such a headache it is!

I think I'll go hide for a few hours and watch "A Christmas Story" again now.....lol

Official Red Ryder carbine action, 200 shot , range model , air rifle..........lol :rolleyes:

My father has his Leg-Lamp proudly displayed in the front window.

You can fill the form out with the exception of electronically signing/submitting , save it to a file and e-mail that file to the sister, she can open using the password you supply her with and electronically sign it and submit. You just need to make sure you complete the boxes asking about 3-party assistance You might want to have a current passport photo of her also on your computer so you can upload her photo to the DS-260. Good Luck, Robby

Edited by metalox (see edit history)
  • 3 years later...

Hi Everyone, I am having problems with the form DS260. My relative is immigrating from the Dominican Republic. I filled out the form but it won't let me print the confirmation page.

Any ideas on what I can do?? Please, I've called the embassy, the nvc, etc and it seems like nobody knows anything.

Miosi

Hi Everyone, I am having problems with the form DS260. My relative is immigrating from the Dominican Republic. I filled out the form but it won't let me print the confirmation page.

Any ideas on what I can do?? Please, I've called the embassy, the nvc, etc and it seems like nobody knows anything.

Miosi

Sounds like a web browser problem, I would try this on a different computer or with a different web browser Chrome or FireFox