Learning English and Chinese Beds

2 posts would have been right, maybe. Heck with my depraved mind, I thought this was a thread similar to what I wanted to post in another thread about the best way to learn english. I was going to say in bed, but I restrained myself.

Platform bed??

Won't a platform bed do? I was lined up to get one several years ago when my then wife said no, because she did not like the country style. But as it turned out what we got was the hardest mattress I ever felt and the box springs had no springs, just a box - making it like basically a platform bed.

My wife and daughter like the Sleep Number bed that we bought for Mama and Baba. They are coming to visit us next spring.

I am not sure a Sleep Number is anything more than an expensive glorified air mattress. However, Mama and Baba have different preferences and one likes soft beds and the other likes "upholstered rocks", as Carl put it. Mama can crank her side of the bed up to 100 and get the stone effect, while Baba will be next to her enjoying something around 55.

I still sleep on a very firm Sealy. Something soft kills my back¡­even though I found some beds to be rather firm :rolleyes: in China, I would take those instead.

Ya know I've heard about many folks coming to the US and learning English from Sesame Street...Ying is learning from Steve Wilcos and Morley. I can't stand the stupid yelling and bickering but when she is watching them she's happier than a puppy with two peters.

• 4 weeks later...

Sleep Number - the only way to go. She sets her side, I set mine. My wife set it high for a few months, now it is the same as mine. Go figure.

She still tries to argue that the beds in China are "not hard". I've slept on softer rocks on camping trips.

My Wife did the english school,she learned a little,but once my wife went to work and had to speak english to communicate with boss and co workers,i think she learned a lot quicker that way,of course she still has a way to go,as far as speaking and understanding good english,but she's getting there.

As far as the Chinese Bed,a sheet of plywood :) ....a lot cheaper than a mattress.Who can sleep on them Chinese beds? My wife got use to the American bed.