Another document intake question

Sorry if this is in the wrong area.Please move it if it is.

If at the time of document intake you know your police certificate has expired, can you bring a new one with you to interview?

Also what about another years tax statements?

I am in Guilin now for my third visit and for wedding dinner celebration. We married March 1st this year but with known red flags working to over come them.

I plan to file CR-1 package when get back to USA but given current time frames I know by interview time the certificate may well expire and not want to wait so many days for AP as well as I will have a new years income tax filing, which will help as my 2008 is my bad year.

Thanks for any help in advance as the police certificate is already worrying laopo.

Paul

I think your instincts are right on. If your most current tax transcripts will help give more positive light into your situation, by all means, use em! Also, if you're police cert is going to expire, you'll need a new one as well. They're good for one year

You won't need a police certificate until you send NVC a scanned version and that is at the end of the electronic process. So you'll need it about 4+ months after filing the I-130.

You can either:

1. Get one to bring back to the US; Scan and send at the appropriate time.

2. Have her get it a little later and then scan and send to you; you will forward it on to NVC

Based on recent timelines, you should get an interview around 7-8 months so #1 above should be fine.

My wife saw discussions about GUZ asking for another one even when less than a year old. I think it's paranoia at work since NVC shows on all their documentation that 1 year is the expiration. But to ease her feelings, I told her to go ahead and get another one while we were finishing NVC. Thus, she brought a newer one.

We did this with another document as well since she lost track of the original of one of the papers she signed and sent to me. When she showed me this new document, I told her to do it again since she should NOT back date it. SHe asked me why and I said 'what I sent does not look the same as this one. If you do a new one, use the current date. It is still an originally, signed document'.

By the time you need to send the I-864 you will have likely done 2011 taxes but will have to send a copy of the actual submission since you can't get transcripts so close to filing... but what you can do is get the transcripts a few months after filing and then bring them to GUZ. That is what I did.

Anything you want to bring which is more up to date, bring it.

What you should get from her now to bring back to the US:

1. G-325a signed

2. DS-230 part 1 signed

3. Passport photos. About 8.

4. All notarial translations (birth, divorce, marriage, military, police; except the police report if you want her to wait on that one)

5. P3 letter (I overlooked this on my trip back and had to have her sign and scan and send to me)

6. W-7 signed. This is so you can get her an ITIN number for filing taxes; submit it with the taxes. Otherwise you cannot file her for 2011 until you get an ITIN or SSN.

7. Evidence she has which you want to include in the I-130 (Pictures, emails, etc).

Make sure the pictures are varied locations (casual and different clothes too) and NOT all indoors. A few wedding party pictures are ok but not too many are needed since they really want to see different settings and not only formal or indoor shots.

You won't need a police certificate until you send NVC a scanned version and that is at the end of the electronic process. So you'll need it about 4+ months after filing the I-130.

You can either:

1. Get one to bring back to the US; Scan and send at the appropriate time.

2. Have her get it a little later and then scan and send to you; you will forward it on to NVC

Based on recent timelines, you should get an interview around 7-8 months so #1 above should be fine.

My wife saw discussions about GUZ asking for another one even when less than a year old. I think it's paranoia at work since NVC shows on all their documentation that 1 year is the expiration. But to ease her feelings, I told her to go ahead and get another one while we were finishing NVC. Thus, she brought a newer one.

We did this with another document as well since she lost track of the original of one of the papers she signed and sent to me. When she showed me this new document, I told her to do it again since she should NOT back date it. SHe asked me why and I said 'what I sent does not look the same as this one. If you do a new one, use the current date. It is still an originally, signed document'.

By the time you need to send the I-864 you will have likely done 2011 taxes but will have to send a copy of the actual submission since you can't get transcripts so close to filing... but what you can do is get the transcripts a few months after filing and then bring them to GUZ. That is what I did.

Anything you want to bring which is more up to date, bring it.

What you should get from her now to bring back to the US:

1. G-325a signed

2. DS-230 part 1 signed

3. Passport photos. About 8.

4. All notarial translations (birth, divorce, marriage, military, police; except the police report if you want her to wait on that one)

5. P3 letter (I overlooked this on my trip back and had to have her sign and scan and send to me)

6. W-7 signed. This is so you can get her an ITIN number for filing taxes; submit it with the taxes. Otherwise you cannot file her for 2011 until you get an ITIN or SSN.

7. Evidence she has which you want to include in the I-130 (Pictures, emails, etc).

Make sure the pictures are varied locations (casual and different clothes too) and NOT all indoors. A few wedding party pictures are ok but not too many are needed since they really want to see different settings and not only formal or indoor shots.

P3 Letter?

P3 Letter?

This is notification from NVC that they received petition from USCIS, and want things from petitioner and beneficiary, Petitioner provides an I-864 at this point, and beneficiary provides civil documents.

If you opt into the faster electronic processing all this petitioner and/or beneficiary will either mail to NVC, or scan and email to NVC if you opt into e-process.

MORE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37703-i29fk3-changes-and-nvc-electronic-processing-for-i-130cr1/

What's strange about my stepson's document intake was that his "documents needed" list showed that GZ already had the police certificate. :huh: Of course is was scanned and emailed to the NVC but the original was not needed at document intake. I wonder if they obtain this information through a background check now?

What's strange about my stepson's document intake was that his "documents needed" list showed that GZ already had the police certificate. :huh: Of course is was scanned and emailed to the NVC but the original was not needed at document intake. I wonder if they obtain this information through a background check now?

It just means they don't need the original since you sent a scan. They may be able to confirm with a computer system but I would not read anything more into it. The other original docs they want since there is no national computer system to provide that.