Visitor Visa After K-1 Denial.

Trying to obtain a vistor visa after a K1 denial, Is this something that is totally out of the question, or are there ways or certain things different for this process?

I suppose it's possible. I believe the application form will require you disclose the previous denial. That plus the already low chances, statistically, of a visitor visa for a single Chinese woman I would say your odds are not great.

That said, the odds are far better than if you don't try at all. In theory, the worst that can happen is a waste of some time and money (and your fiance` being upset). It seems to me you've little to lose in trying and much to gain if you've success. Just be prepared for a denial and have your next step in mind, know what I mean? :)

Ditto, what foobaz said, it probably has a snowball's chance in hell.

The denied K-1 shows a strong immigrations intent, the interviewing office assumes immigrations intent of all non-immigrant visa applicants unless proven otherwise.

But you never know, they may make some indication on the visa o have POE make note on I-94 to make no attempt to adjust status, and perhaps sign a document at the POE promising this, I have seen posts of this on VJ.

Thanks guys this is pretty much the answers that I thought I would receive. Now would this be a bad thing if she was denied for a B2 visa, I know this probably all stays in her file.

Nope, a denied B-2 is not an issued for future Immigrant visa petitions.Unless the reson for denial also would apply to an immigrant, such as the normal inadmissibility, or perhaps misrepresentation on the B-2 application.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)