December interview group.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my interview scheduled!!!!!

The lady from NVC said December 8 12:30, so the actual interview will be on the 9th!!

Moving right along, from signature you did DCF, so I hope you got your US Domicile evidence, and I-864 prepared and ready for interview, and if needed a stateside joint sponsor lined up and their I-864 prepared too.

Besides a copy of my passport and bank statements, what else can be used to prove US Domicile?

I'm currently living in Beijing, and will be until a time in the future when the visa process for us ends. Perhaps letters/magazines/other mail addressed to me that's being sent to my parents house in the US?

I got my interview scheduled!!!!!

The lady from NVC said December 8 12:30, so the actual interview will be on the 9th!!

Moving right along, from signature you did DCF, so I hope you got your US Domicile evidence, and I-864 prepared and ready for interview, and if needed a stateside joint sponsor lined up and their I-864 prepared too.

Besides a copy of my passport and bank statements, what else can be used to prove US Domicile?

I'm currently living in Beijing, and will be until a time in the future when the visa process for us ends. Perhaps letters/magazines/other mail addressed to me that's being sent to my parents house in the US?

US Passport just shows you are a US Citizen, however is not evidence of domicile..

• Bank statements showing activity while out of country,
  • Valid driver's license
  • Voter registration
  • Bills to a US address paid
  • Other evidence that living abroad is temporary
  • Job offer from an employer in the states
  • If have children, registering them in school in the states
  • Rental or lease agreement for an apartment in the states
  • Deed on a home in the states.

MORE: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html#3

In some DCF cases, US Citizen returns to the states slightly before the visa interview to reestablish domicile.

Okay, duly noted, thank you!

US Passport just shows you are a US Citizen, however is not evidence of domicile..

• Bank statements showing activity while out of country,
  • Valid driver's license
  • Voter registration
  • Bills to a US address paid
  • Other evidence that living abroad is temporary
  • Job offer from an employer in the states
  • If have children, registering them in school in the states
  • Rental or lease agreement for an apartment in the states
  • Deed on a home in the states.

MORE: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html#3

In some DCF cases, US Citizen returns to the states slightly before the visa interview to reestablish domicile.

Dnobblet,

Thanks for your adivce! Yes, we have plenty of evidence for Domicile.

One question:

My wife (petitioner) has not enough income to support the I-864, so we are using a wealthy family member as co-sponsor. We have the co-sponsors tax returns and trasncripts for the last 3 years, birth certicifate, and passport copy.

My wife flew back to the states two weeks ago because, she is 3 months pregnant and wanted to continue all the medical monitoring there. She is not actively seeking for a job because she is pregnant and our baby is the priority now.

Me (beneficiary) have a very good job offer to work with a US company. I even have a letter from the company stating a proposed start date, salary, benefits, etc.

So the question is: Will it hurt to add the job offer letter at the document intake? In my eyes this is just very solid proof that I will not become a public charge.

So the question is: Will it hurt to add the job offer letter at the document intake? In my eyes this is just very solid proof that I will not become a public charge.

I don't see how including the job offer letter with the remainder of the financial documents hurts you. Go ahead and include it.

I don't see how including the job offer letter with the remainder of the financial documents hurts you. Go ahead and include it.

Ditto that, this goes to showing will not become a public charge. Include it with the two affidavits of support.

• 1 month later...