document intake question

When my wife has her document intake in two weeks, I am planning on having her submit tax transcripts for 2008 and 2009 (she will submit copies of the 1040EZ and W2 for 2010). My question is this, will they or could they ask for copies of the actual forms from 2009 and 2008?

There is probably not time to get the 2010 transcripts unless you pay for an expedited service but I got my 2010 transcripts a few months ago.

They will not ask for the actual forms. The actual form is actually not proof you filed; the transcript is.

I assume when you say transcript you mean a transcript of the W-2 as well? It is a separate transcript.

As a general FYI for the masses: Document intake seems to be an ideal time to try and slip something else into the case file but GUZ will not really accept anything outside of what they need to collect.

Edited by david_dawei (see edit history)

I will add, in Ryan's case all of this was sent to NVC when they requested I-864, I would have at the interview any "origionals" that were copied ans sent to NVC.

In this case Document Intake is to take in all origionals that were scanned and emailed to NVC, so that the authenticity of what they got electronically can be confirmed.

Simply provide what you sent NVC via email.

I will add, in Ryan's case all of this was sent to NVC when they requested I-864, I would have at the interview any "origionals" that were copied ans sent to NVC.

In this case Document Intake is to take in all origionals that were scanned and emailed to NVC, so that the authenticity of what they got electronically can be confirmed.

Simply provide what you sent NVC via email.

Exactly. My son gave the originals of the exact documents that were emailed to NVC including pay stubs and transcripts and the I-864.

Exactly ! One of the blue slips this week at my wife's interview was a request for the original SIGNED I-864 which the lady did not have.... HAVE ORIGINALS !!

Why didn't they refuse her at document intake?

Allowing Chinese workers to issue visa denials would be a bad move

In addition, they have one more day (before the interview) to produce the required documentation, do they not?

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Exactly ! One of the blue slips this week at my wife's interview was a request for the original SIGNED I-864 which the lady did not have.... HAVE ORIGINALS !!

What I meant was why didn't they not let her complete the document intake process if she was missing something?

What I meant was why didn't they not let her complete the document intake process if she was missing something?

Uh - because she was missing something ?? No? She apparently didn't have it with her

I'm not sure what you're thinking. The interview IS the next day, whether she's ready or not - that's when the final evaluation is made by a Visa Officer. Anything missing gets blue slipped - the VO's are the ones to write the blue slip

To follow up on Randy's point; if your missing something at document intake, you essentially have 1 day to get it! What's unclear is when you bring something the next day, do they blue slip you with AP so they can do the normal processing required of the Intake day. I think it probably depends on which document it was.

One thing I noticed is that the P4 letter for the electronic process will include at the end a list of all the documents you sent to NVC and includes a 'key' of it's status; whether it is received, whether it is considered accepted (no original needed), whether they have the scan but still want the original, etc.

While this is a very useful itemized display of what was sent to NVC and what you can expect you need to still hand-in, I found a few errors in how they 'key' the documents. I would bring originals of everything to cover all the bases. They will tell you at document intake what they want and won't take anything more.

My wife's document intake happened yesterday. She was almost the last one and they were hastening her up.

End up they did not take her DS-230 part one, with her signature. They did print out part 2 for her to sign. Is that OK they did not take the original part 1 with signature? It's electronic processing so they already have the scanned file anyway. I am just concerned that the original paper form may need to go into her visa package.

My wife's document intake happened yesterday. She was almost the last one and they were hastening her up.

End up they did not take her DS-230 part one, with her signature. They did print out part 2 for her to sign. Is that OK they did not take the original part 1 with signature? It's electronic processing so they already have the scanned file anyway. I am just concerned that the original paper form may need to go into her visa package.

Bring it to the interview, however if they don't take original at doc intake, they probably are satisfied with the scanned copy.

The P4 document list looks like this:

Document Name Document Status

CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS C

1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1 S

1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 2 S

2 - PASSPORT Y

3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE S

4 - ADOPTION F

5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE S

6 - MARRIAGE TERMINATION S

7 - COURT RECORDS F

F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE S

8 - CUSTODY PAPERS F

9 - MILITARY RECORDS F

10 - CHINA - MAINLAND POLICE CERTIFICATE Y

FEE PAYMENT $

PHOTOGRAPH Y

F - PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE F

F - PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE F

GUZ P3 SUPPLEMENT Y

---

The Key as follows:

* Document Status Description

A = Applicant must acquire this document and present it at the time of the interview.

C = Direct inquiries to your consulate / embassy

D = Certified document received

F = This form is not necessary for this application.

I = The required form is incomplete. Please ensure that a complete form is presented at

the interview.

O = The original document has been received and accepted as meeting post

requirements.

P = The police certificate must be requested by the applicant. If you have already

applied for this document, no further action is required. The issuing police authority

will send the police record directly to the appropriate US Embassy to have on hand

at the time of the interview.

R = The electronic DS-260 form has been submitted and reviewed.

S = Scanned document received. The original document must be presented at the time

of the interview.

T = An acceptable document has been received, but a translation is required as the

submitted document is not in English or the official language of the processing post.

The applicant must present a certified translation at the time of the interview.

U = The applicant has informed the NVC that the required document is unavailable.

X = The required document is unobtainable for this country per the Foreign Affairs

Manual.

Y = The required document has been received.

$ = Payment received.

---

Based on the above, they say which documents are wanted as original (S) still and which ones are received (Y) not requiring an original... but we found at document intake that the Key is not exact; they asked for stuff which seemed the Status was ok with. Note above the Passport and Photo are marked as "Y" which would seem to suggest they are good enough. Yet they asked for both of these as original (which should therefore be marked as "S"). The photo was not surprise since I knew they would need that original. At the very last minute prior to going to document intake, I told her to bring a copy of the passport bio page; and she said they did actually ask for it. I would not take that issue as absolute since it seems the copy they had was simply bad and they wanted a cleaner one. The one's she brought were printed in color and very clear.

The Daughter's process kept telling us she did not need the police report but I was certain this was wrong so I sent it to NVC anyways. Even after sending it, her P4 showed:

10 - CHINA - MAINLAND POLICE CERTIFICATE F

"F" means not applicable... yet at document intake they did ask for the original.